SAP Project Manager Finance (Remote, based in Spain)
Posted on Jul 20, 2022 by Avanda Group AG
Taxera is a SAP Partner company. Taxera developed a global Indirect Tax platform in the cloud that integrates with SAP and also work with multinationals on their SAP Finance/Tax Digital transformation projects.
To support the growth of the organization, we are now looking to hire a SAP Project Manager Finance based in Spain on a permanent or contract basis exceptional talents in our newly created hubs.
You will be exposed to not only their internal S/4 system but also have the opportunity to work on daily basis with the latest technology that they run internally on the SAP Cloud Platform such as: BTP, Fiori, SAP Analytics Cloud, CPI and others.
As the platform develops and gets more traction you will want to give to clients the best customer experience.
As a SAP Project Manager Finance you will be responsible for the overall management of projects. You will join a team of like-minded professionals.
- Responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project, for identifying key resources and providing the direction they require in order meeting project objectives
- Provides leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria
- Ensure adherence to project management methodology practices, provide team coaching, evaluate the performance of team members and reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned.
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance
- Ensure quality forecasting is conducted to understand accurate financial position
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans ad identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action
- Conduct the project planning activities SAP Cross-LoB and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to Closing )
- Manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story
- Perform Project Management Reviews and mentor project managers on project management methodology, standards and processes
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team. Review quality of work and manage integration of team members' work. Provide performance input to project team members' functional management
- Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization's project management community
- Participate in the development of project management best practices
- A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Excellent understanding of SAP solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions
- Highly developed business acumen
- Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests
- Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets
- Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of project management
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with Senior Executive management, clients, peers and team members
- Fluent in English
- PMP OR Prince2 certification and/or other project management certifications are additional benefit
- Position SAP Activate (and relevant variants) as the delivery methodology
- More than 5 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects
- Some international implementation experience required
We offer an excellent package with the further development potential upside on the compensation as the company grows and that you take larger role.