Project Manager - Utilities
Posted on Jul 20, 2022 by Avove
We understand the impact our work has on our society and the environment. It s the difference we make that improves people s lives and helps the economy to grow. We work alongside our customers to deliver resilient, bespoke infrastructure solutions that keep the taps running, the energy flowing and people connected. The work we do together matters.
Due to recent major project awards our team, working on the Severn Trent Water contract, are looking for a Project Manager to join the growing team. This is a full time permanent role and is based in the Midlands area with flexible working available.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Project Management within the Utilities sector and will be motivated and focussed.
- Monitor and review all delivery and financial performance, and take corrective actions to address abnormalities, including updating commercial and finance teams through management and ownership of cost recons
- Liaise with our internal design team to ensure the clients expectations are met
- Liaise with individual stakeholders involved with various projects including local authorities, private land-owners, third party asset owners and customers to ensure the successful deliver of projects
- Create and maintain a programme throughout the pre-construction and ECI phases of a scheme and hand over to the delivery team for construction
- Liaise with the delivery team throughout the life cycle of a project to ensure its successful delivery
- Approve DSP Invoices and ensure payment within contract timescales
- Full accountability for safety and compliance auditing
Skills & Experience
- HNC Qualification or above preferably in an engineering discipline
- Preferably chartered
- Must be able to drive and have a current, valid driving licence
- Strong coaching, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of operational activities and trade skill
- Financial awareness and ability to work to budgets
- A working knowledge of disciplinary and capability procedures
- Demonstrable experience of a similar role in a construction environment
We offer a competitive salary that is based on proven skills and experience. Hard work is celebrated and rewarded. We recognise that one size doesn t fit all so everyone has access to a variety of flexible benefits that work for you.
- Min. 24 days holiday plus statutory holidays (option to buy more)
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A selection of lifestyle benefit options
- Financial wellbeing programme
- Employee assistance program for health and wellbeing and onsite mental health first aiders to support our colleagues
- We love to give back so we offer you volunteering days in your community and charity matched giving where we will boost your fundraising
Our main value is to "Move Life Forward" and we are committed to developing our colleagues and encouraging personal growth, in conjunction with a flexible working approach so everyone can thrive in an inclusive and open environment.
We encourage you to apply for this role as soon as you can. We recognise talent waits for no one, so we progress candidates independently through all stages of recruitment process.