Linux Engineer w/Heavy Python
Posted on Jul 20, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Linux SYSTEMS ENGINEER W/Python - CONTRACT
REMOTE, duration minimum 6 months
- Centralized log management - have you built out global ELK solutions, or similar?
- CI/CD - pipeline development for IaC (terraform/pulumi) and/or image building (packer). Configuration management automated testing (probably makes sense to have strong Salt experience here).
- Prometheus - architecture and tuning experience.
- Pending M&A acquisition - we will be responsible of day-to-day system admin tasks for their existing environment until we re-platform.
This is a Real Time environment looking for sharp consultants to engineer and support large Linux any storage Automation Python Salt Puppet Linux Kernal design testing on control
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring)
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates)
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability and desire to keep current with rapidly changing technologies
- Strong operational mindset
- Mentor other Linux engineers
- Interview Linux engineer candidates
- Plan, test, and implement changes to system configuration and software settings to support a variety of software and operations teams
- Plan, test, and implement changes to the global systems management infrastructure, such as configuration management, identity management, software repositories, continuous integration, system monitoring, etc.
- Design, implement, extend, and maintain the tooling that automates the key Linux infrastructure operations, such as the configuration deployment process, server provisioning, patching, capacity expansion, etc.
- Research and define future directions for Cboe DNA's systems (implement proofs-of-concept, research methodologies and technologies, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues related to stability, functionality, performance, misconfiguration, hardware, etc.
- Assist development and operations teams with general support requests
- Review the contributions of teammates and provide constructive feedback
- Prioritize and manage time effectively across projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment; deliver quality solutions on schedule and within budget
- Excellent communication skills. Regular communication with management, key stakeholders, and technical colleagues. Be a positive representation of infrastructure team internally and externally