Posted on Jul 20, 2022 by Avove
We understand the impact our work has on our society and the environment. It s the difference we make that improves people s lives and helps the economy to grow. We work alongside our customers to deliver resilient, bespoke infrastructure solutions that keep the taps running, the energy flowing and people connected. The work we do together matters.
Our business is currently going through a period of growth and we are now recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join our Commercial Team on a full time, permanent basis. You will prepare detailed analytical tenders and estimates from first principles within time constraints, Lead the estimating process on individual Bids, support and mentor junior members of estimating team.
As the Senior Estimator you will contribute to Pricing Strategy, lead Tender review process, ensure all tenders are reviewed to identify lessons learnt and ensure that contract feedback is embedded into future beds.
Reporting to the Principal Estimator you will be responsible for undertaking, overseeing and assisting with the management of and production, submission and negotiation of estimates and tenders.
- Assist with approvals process to ensure that all bids have the necessary approvals in accordance with company procedures
- Prepare detailed analytical tenders and estimates from first principles within defined timescales
- Liaise with other members of the Estimating and Operational teams to deliver high quality estimates and tender submissions
- Maintain and update records of tenders, including change control
- Prepare a comprehensive briefing pack for the Operational Project Teams on all successful tenders
- Participate in the detailed risk assessment process on all bids
- Ensure all tenders are fully reviewed by the Senior Manager/Director with appropriate financial authority
- Act as bid manager where required depending on the value and complexity of the tender
Skills and Experience
- Excellent H&S awareness desired
- Environmental and Ecology awareness desired
- Water infrastructure competency - Both Clean water and Waste Water infrastructure
- Be able to communicate programme and risk related issues to the bid planner.
- Commercially aware and highly numerate
- Advanced ability with Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Knowledge of proprietary estimating systems is a distinct advantage although training in Estimating Software (e.g. Candy) will be provided if required.
- Have the ability to communicate complicated financial and contractual issues to senior management
- Have experience of producing multi-disciplined high value, high quality tender submissions up to £ 250m in value
- Candidate ideally would be very experienced from a clean water infrastructure background and knowledgeable in waste water infrastructure.
- Have knowledge of Customer standard forms of contract and their interaction with other standard forms
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering technical or commercial discipline is desirable but not essential as experience will be taken into account
- MRICS or equivalent
- NEC 3 and 4 accreditation.
- We offer a competitive salary that is based on proven skills and experience. Hard work is celebrated and rewarded. We recognise that one size doesn t fit all so everyone has access
- to a variety of flexible benefits that work for you.
- Min. 24 days holiday plus statutory holidays (option to buy more)
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A selection of lifestyle benefit options
- Financial wellbeing programme
- Employee assistance program for health and wellbeing and onsite mental health firsters to support our colleagues
We love to give back so we offer you volunteering days in your community and charity matched giving where we will boost your fundraising.
Our main value is to "Move Life Forward" and we are committed to developing our colleagues and encouraging personal growth, in conjunction with a flexible working approach so everyone can thrive in an inclusive and open environment. We encourage you to apply for this role as soon as you can. We recognise talent waits for no one, so we progress candidates independently through all stages of recruitment process.