Carbon Data Specialist
Posted on Jul 19, 2022 by Carbon Responsible
Carbon Data Specialist
This new role will support our team with carbon measurement, management, and reduction on behalf of our clients. The role involves conducting bespoke product analyses, creating emissions target models for clients, and large-scale data analysis to generate bespoke emission reports for internal and external use. Day-to-day responsibilities also include assisting with the maintenance and development of our technology solutions, and ensuring methodologies remain up-to-date and aligned with international standards. Client interaction and engagement is also key to successfully meeting our client s measurement and reduction objectives.
We are seeking an individual with strong data and analytical skills with a flexible approach to suit the needs of each project. They would ideally have worked in an analytical role in a related sector supporting companies to achieve their goals using specialist outsourced expertise. An understanding of climate risks as they relate to corporate clients and of the core elements of carbon management would be desirable but not essential.
As part of a dynamic company, you will have the ability to shape the role to best match your abilities, with the potential for rapid progression as the company expands.
The role is full time and reports to the Data Solutions Lead. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate. The successful applicant will work both remotely and in the office in central London (minimum 2 days a week).
• Supporting the delivery of client work scopes - involving data validation, data analysis and report generation.
• Conducting regular testing and updates on our data products
• Developing and updating automated data driven solutions in response to evolving legislation and client requirements.
• Modelling of reduction target scenarios to suit our clients capabilities and emissions profiles.
• Researching for articles, product analysis and topical data insights to meet bespoke client needs and enhance awareness and capability of carbon accounting.
• Communicating results and methodologies in a clear and concise manner for wide audiences.
• Maintaining an awareness of policy and best practice - actively following key trends and policy changes and generating a deep understanding of UK Greenhouse Gas emission reporting standards and requirements.
• Educational qualifications in maths or sciences - experience working with large-scale data analysis and report writing. (Essential)
• Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills. (Essential)
• Strong skills in Excel or Google Sheets, Libroffice Calc or similar (Essential)
• Alignment with Carbon Responsible values (Essential) - Carbon Responsible is a small company and operates accordingly. Employees and contractors are required to observe the following values:
• Self-motivated and able to effectively manage activities without frequent supervision (Essential)
• A confident, driven, and inquisitive personality, able to contribute to excellent customer relationships. (Essential)
• Ability to work efficiently, learn quickly, and develop consistently. (Essential)
• Familiarity with R, python, or similar tools for handling datasets and creating automated tools, or a desire to learn. (Essential)
• Experience of office-based work, including as an intern or on a short-contract. (Desirable)
• Experience in a customer facing role, sales, account management ideally in a software, environmental or consulting environment. (Desirable)
Salary £24k-28k (subject to experience)
We consider each application on a case-by-case basis and can adapt the position to suit a candidate s experience if needed.
In your covering email please explain in a few sentences why you are interested in the job.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS