Financial Reporting Manager
Posted on Jul 17, 2022 by Set2Recruit
Financial Reporting Manager
12 months Initial Fixed Term role - £60,000 + Bonus (10%-20%) + Excellent Benefits - 35hr week + Hybrid (1-2 days office - Near Exeter) - great parking and office.
- Remote with 1-2 days in Exeter area per week. (Worst case)
To Support and reports to the head of finance in control of all aspects of finance and risk across its Finance Frameworks, and ensuring a consistent focus on the Regulatory obligations and relevant requirements are met..
To ensure we continue to brand and group and all practices hit the core value and expectations of the members we are hiring this Finance Reporting Manager to help support the Finance team's success and delivery to the business.
You must have
-Previous experience as a Finance Reporting Manager
-Strong Finance Qualifications
-Management experience leading teams.
-Some experience of any FCA/PRA would be of benefit.
- Accurate, comprehensive and timely management accounts and forecast information
- Accurate and timely statutory accounts
- Efficient interim and year-end audits
- Produce the annual budget
- Compliance with statutory requirements for all tax
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Adherence to the Group's core values and behaviours
The above outcomes will be achieved through undertaking the following responsibilities:
- You will drive forward and co-ordinate the Finance Reporting team to ensure production of the budget, monthly management accounts, forecasts, statutory accounts, external audit deliverables
Provide day-to-day supervision and delegate work assignments for all personnel
To maintain a positive and pro-active culture and culture of continuous improvement to create a better experience for our customers
Managing Compliance, Quality & Risk
- To ensure appropriate financial controls and procedures are consistently followed by the group, dentify areas where the company is failing to meet its obligations under the FSA TCF' (Treating Customers Fairly) principles, and to make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure regulatory and other reporting requirements are met
Managing Resources & Suppliers
- Preparation of the annual budget in conjunction with the Head of Finance, monthly monitoring of performance against the agreed budget and re-forecasting of results.
To ensure that monthly management accounts are prepared to agreed format and timetable and that periodic reporting to regulators and industry bodies is prepared to agreed format and timetable. Also that year-end statutory financial statements and supporting documentation is prepared for external auditors to audit, and to ensure and manage the budgeting and forecasting process to ensure a true reflection of the company's anticipated future activities
This is a Senior Manager level role -
- act with integrity, act with due skill, care and diligence
- be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- observe proper standards of market conduct, take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible is controlled effectively
take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible complies with relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system and take reasonable steps to ensure that any delegation of your responsibilities is to an appropriate person and that you oversee the discharge of the delegated responsibility effectively; and disclose appropriately any information of which the FCA or PRA would reasonably expect notice.
This role spec is a short overview of the expectations of this key and important role for my client.