Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on Jul 17, 2022 by Mercator IT Solutions
Role Title: Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Developer. A unique opportunity to be at the tip of the spear of a digital transformation in the global energy transition.
The successful candidate will be responsible for construction and enhancement of a high frequency order matching engine. Challenges involve working with high throughputs from AI trading agents, working with large orderbooks and adapting to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional problem solver; precise and detail oriented.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and enhance the existing market engine
- Work closely with the AI team to manage the connections between AI Agents and the market
- Work closely with the blockchain team to ensure trade settlement and market rules are maintained
Our business is working at the intersection of markets and innovative technologies to bring about critically needed efficiency, security, & reliability to energy markets.
You will be applying your development skills to directly to shape the future of energy and drive the energy transition to renewables, from one of the most significant businesses in the sector.
The Career Opportunity:
The team is small and elite, so you will need to thrive on freedom, trust and responsibility while being highly accountable. You should be motivated to be an exemplar for best in class delivery, showing how the latest innovative processes, technology and tools can bring value to an existing global enterprise structure.
The Team/The Business:
Our business is full of natural innovators with big ideas. Every office in our global network contains game changing potential to improve how we bring value to our customers, through combining existing and new content with new functionality.
We practice hands on innovation. Apps not white papers. We aim to deliver:
- organisational intelligence & value
- products & solutions to be scaled
- measurable & meaningful impact for the global energy & commodities markets
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in market exchanges is preferred
- Solid knowledge of data structure and algorithms
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming paradigm
- Good understanding of concurrency and multi-threaded systems
- 2+ years experience of Golang and Python
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable to work independently
- Must work effectively & collaboratively in a dynamic development environment