AWS Solution Architect
Posted on Jul 17, 2022 by Ubique Systems UK Limited
AWS Solution Architect
Start Date: ASAP
Our first preference is Ireland, if no then UK
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as liaison between the IT organization, business groups and various vendors/suppliers.
- Ensure solutions are designed and built for successful deployment in the cloud and on premise
- Create/deliver architecture design documents
- Chair the Design Authority Board as per the charter
- Integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture
- Participates in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and provide additional input to the reference architecture(s)
- Interacts in cooperative and professional manner, with all levels of employees, vendors and/or clients, in team environment.
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company's needs.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Assist & guide in resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, systems engineering or related field preferred.
- Four or more years of experience with AWS best practices and techniques (as a Solution Design Architect).
- Knowledge of a broad range of integration technologies - APIs, event driven architecture, streaming, ETL, CDC.
- Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering, Realtime reporting and data visualization.
- Must be knowledgeable in software development life cycles/methodologies
- Familiarity working with large data volumes.
- Familiarity working in international and enterprise level companies.
- Ability to validate business user requirements for accuracy and completeness of proposed solution.
- Excellent analytical skills, research and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments effectively.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with business-fluent English, to be able to drive discussions within the organization, including the ability to be both directive and collaborative.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience in Pharmaceutical (R&D or Manufacturing) environments preferred
- Experience in Manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of datalake and/or lakehouse architectures
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements concerning GxP applications and GAMP5 preferred
- Understanding of (pharmaceutical) business concepts, procedures, and practices.
- Working knowledge of multiple technology domains, such as DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
- AWS certification (eg AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification.
- Knowledge of IoT and edge computing.