Audio Visual Engineer
Posted on Jul 16, 2022 by WNTD
Job Title: AV Engineer
Contract: Inside IR Months
As part of the end clients onsite team you will be responsible for providing co-ordination, event management and technical support for internal and external client events taking place within the Conference and Client Centre areas.
Your role will include, but is not limited to setting up, operating and breaking down AV events, meetings and equipment as well as administrative duties associated to them. This includes liaising with users to discuss their requirements. These will include video calls, audio conferences, presentations, laptop and external device connections, placement of mobile displays and PA systems as needed. You will also be expected to provide 1st line maintenance for the rooms you support, including submission of Service Now work orders for tracking events and faults.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working hours are primarily between 7am - 7pm (Mon-Fri) based on a 40-hour week across a number of shifts.
- Support for AV/Multimedia events, building power down activities etc may require work outside of normal business hours and at weekends.
- Instruct users on the proper use of the equipment when handing over meetings
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipment is safe for use and that the quality of all work is carried out to the highest standard.
- Monitoring and responding to the team email distribution list in a timely coordinated fashion with others.
- Working with both internal and external clients to understand event requirements and provide on the ground support for events across varying technically capable rooms and spaces.
- Setting up, operating and breaking down of Audio Visual equipment.
- Running the AV aspect of presentations and video conference calls for extremely high profile meetings.
- Provide over the phone, zoom and face to face support to both our global colleagues and clients.
- Put together post event reports for the attention of management if requested.
- Understands and recognizes the importance of safe working practices with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
- First Line Preventative maintenance to onsite AV equipment, Monthly Health checks on rooms, simple cable replacement, reboots etc
- Submit Service Now work orders as and when any issues occur to allow for trend tracking.
- To carry out other duties or substitute for any positions as required by your management team or any other senior member of staff.
- Maintains a smart and professional appearance at all times.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of (2) two years' corporate experience within the AV industry preferable.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Has a keen sense of urgency, works well under pressure is self-motivated and able to multi-task and prioritise, both while working alone and as part of the team.
- A sound understanding of AV equipment. Crestron, Cisco, QSC and NDI preferable
- Experience of running large multifaceted AV events.
- Must be confident in operating sound and vision mixing equipment during high profile events. eg Global Townhall, IPO's, external client meetings and Webcasts
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Can create positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and management.
- Excellent client facing skills with experience working with senior management.
- Must show willingness to be involved, learn, share knowledge and show initiative.
- Shows excellent attention to detail and works to the highest standards.
- Able to demonstrate prioritization, planning, organization and execution skills to ensure smooth running of the operations and the successful completion of technically demanding events.
- Has a problem solving mindset.
- Should also be well organised, flexible and be able to approach different types of tasks during the working day, with a strong desire to achieve results of the highest standard to meet the needs of the business.
- Proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency welcome.
- A good level of computer literacy
- This role will involve moving and lifting of equipment.
Training & Qualifications
- CTS or equivalent qualification advantageous.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office software.
- IT hardware knowledge desirable