Mainframe DB2 Database Engineer
Posted on Jul 16, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Mainframe DB2 Database Engineer. Candidate will provide database administration and system support for existing production database environments to include performance of the following related tasks: query writing, configuration, database creation, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery. The primary purpose of the Sr Database Administrator is to provide senior-level IBM DB2 technical support (administration, performance, design, and maintenance) for all IBM Mainframe-based DB2 applications. This support includes working with many different application teams and other database administrators.
- Collaborating with Development, Operations, and other technical teams on new and existing DB2 project implementations
- Maintaining DB2 system options and SQL for optimum performance and availability
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of DB2 standards and roadmaps
- Providing on-call support
- Leading efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
- Creating and supporting databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Maintaining databases, including all production, backup and development systems
- Administering database security across all database environments as appropriate
- Providing guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
- Maintaining a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing standard methodologies in database administration.
- Mentoring Jr. level DBA's
- Supporting application deployment and provisioning of database systems during business and non-operating hours
- Crafting and developing database processes (ie, stored procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions)
- At least 5 years hands-on experience supporting DB2 in large IBM z/OS Mainframe environment
- Associates degree in Computer Science/Management or related field
- Bachelors or Master's in Computer Science or related field