Red Hat Linux Senior Engineer (RHEL7 and RHEL8 servers)
Posted on Jul 16, 2022 by Base 3
Required Technical skills
To help us with the Secure configuration -project we are looking for a profile with the following expertise :
- Extensive experience in system administration/configuration and engineering of RHEL7 and RHEL8 Servers
- Red Hat Openscap and Satelite expertise
- Good Ansible Tower skills and Scripting (bash) skills
- Experience to work in Agile environment
- Analytic and engineering mind to find technical solutions for challenges in the project.
- Documentation skills
- Good team player/communication but also the ability to work independently.
Additional technical skills/experience:
- Operation in a complex VMWare virtualized environment
- Security tools and concepts (Advanced SSH, SSL, PKI, etc.)
- WEB/E-business technologies (LDAP, Apache, WebSphere, etc.)
- Financial services/controlled environment exposure: Due the sensitive nature of our business, the systems are subject to tight change control procedures. A familiarity with and understanding of the need for these types of controls would be a definite plus.
- Financial services/high resilience environment exposure: The nature of our business requires a high level of fault tolerance and disaster recovery ability. Familiarity with multi-datacenter design for resilient business services is a definite plus, including network and storage disaster-resistant designs.
- NFSv3 and NFSv4 client and server, in clustered environments
- Container orchestrator based on Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Cloud Solution, experience with implementation on Azure/AWS/
- Oracle DB, IBM MQSeries, Sterling Commerce Connect:Direct for Unix;, PowerBroker v10.x, Quest Authentification Services (QAS) v4.x, Cyberark (PSMP, OPM)
- Professional administration of other Linux distributions
- Additional Scripting and programming languages: Perl, C/C++, Powershell
- Ability to use the following products is required for day-to-day tasks: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Products, Cisco Jabber & Webex
Note: This role has been assessed as Inside IR35 which affects only UK resident candidates