Network and Voice Engineer
Posted on Jul 15, 2022 by LTS Resourcing
Our client are a well-established global organisation urgently seeking an Infrastructure Network & Voice Engineer to join their team on a contractor basis.
As the Network & Voice Engineer, you will maintain, support, and optimize key functional areas, specifically in the Global LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi, Data Centre, Azure Networking, Network Storage Fabric/Connectivity and Voice/VoIP services to ensure the stable operation of the organization's IT infrastructure in accordance with Global standards.
Key responsibilities included as the Infrastructure Engineer but not limited to:
- Provide BAU support, maintain and optimise key functional areas, specifically in LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi, Data Centre, Azure networking and Voice/VOIP services.
- Ensure Corporate Standards are followed and refined.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all Network & Voice/VOIP procurement and development efforts.
- Assist with the implementation and support of Network & Voice/VOIP security measures.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Manage and monitor SW and HW installations, patch updates and upgrades (including Security updates).
- Provide Operational handover (documentation) for acceptance of all new technologies implemented.
- Part-take in Incident & Problem Management.
- Carry out duties following internal policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and governance.
- Continuous improvement of Network & Voice/VOIP and associated supporting technologies.
- Produce regular updates and information on system issues, root cause and resolutions and make them available to management.
- Join project teams, acting as a SME by providing overall expertise and guidance on Network & Voice/VOIP related aspects of project architecture, design and implementation.
Experience, Skills and Academics required as the Network and Voice Engineer:
- Hands-on experience in large-scale 24/7 enterprise environments hosting hundreds of Servers, complex networks and multiple locations.
- Experience in delivery of new or change infrastructure projects.
- Cisco CCNA
- 3 Years working with enterprise CISCO products (2k, 3k & 9k).
- Good understanding of VoIP technologies
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and processes.