Delivery Manager - Warehouse and Logistics
Posted on Jul 15, 2022 by Eswelt
We are looking for a (Service) Delivery Manager who is passionate about the delivery of services and projects for the Warehouse and Logistics domain. This dynamic domain is elemental to, drives the business forward, and directly contributes to the customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for services delivered by our managed service partner and the quality of services provided by field services engineers specifically for the Warehouses and Logistics domain.
Secondly you will also be in charge of local project coordination and delivery and to act as Technology counterpart. The (Service) Delivery Manager is responsible for the delivery of services through managing improvement projects, correcting reliability issues, tracking performance and quality, managing budgets and ensuring the proper delivery of services by professionals in charge.
Supporting the team with technical issues, assisting with contracts and being key stakeholder to manage service contracts. Building and maintaining positive and meaningful relationships with the support team and - more importantly - with domain related stakeholders.
Maintaining strong customer relationships while improving services to nurture and grow customer satisfaction is very important. The (Service) Delivery Manager is a diverse function and may perform technical tasks, such as troubleshooting technical issues, and may perform administrative tasks, such as managing team performance and checking the quality of services provided. Your main tasks, however, include managing projects which drive the resolution of reliability issues, tracking and analysing service metrics, managing budgets, and leading continuous improvement initiatives.
To be successful you should demonstrate strong leadership, teamworking and communication skills.
In general, the responsibilities cover a wide range of applications including but not limited to:
- Service Delivery
- Providing a service plan to all stakeholders that manage and aggregate all relevant services.
- Aligning on long term planning to ensure support services cover future requirements.
- Leading continuous improvement for the service delivery infrastructure
- Identifying customer needs and overseeing service delivery within the business context.
- Coordinating major incidents
- Project Coordination
- Coordinate technical projects in relation to the domain.
- Keep an overview on timelines and communicate risks to the projects
- Collaborate with Tech teams and partners.
- Building and Maintaining partnerships
- Maintaining positive relationships with all stakeholders by identifying needs and overseeing service delivery within the company and domain context.
- Building partnerships and liaising with team leaders to determine the company's services, delivery criteria, and solutions for issues that may arise.
- Maintaining positive relationships with customers.
- Transformation and Innovation
- Assessing customer feedback and using your creativity to establish, improve, and refine services.
- Assessing customer feedback and using their expertise to establish, improve, and refine services.
- Performance, cost and quality
- Ensuring the self organizing service delivery team are enabled to deliver, managing conflict, and ensuring the team is empowered to carry out the processes and tasks efficiently.
- Managing finances and budgets.
- Determining ways to reduce costs without sacrificing customer satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate:
Having and being willing to further develop the following skills:
- Emphatic, Punctual and passionate for service experience
- Excellent listener and strong communicator
- Strong teamwork skills and attention to detail without loosing the bigger picture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (other languages is a nice to have)
- Willingness to support and coach colleagues
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Highly organized, analytical and energitic
- Knows how to sprinkle a bit of fun on top of the job
- Ability to manage conflict and offer suitable resolutions
In general, service delivery positions often require candidates to have an appropriate business-related degree, and ideally 5 years+ experience in a related function.
- Experience in customer service, support and project management
- Experience managing company budget and finances
- Strong improvement and quality control skills.
- Good resource planning skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Understanding of Agile fundamentals and Lean methodology
- Good understanding of retail environments and processes
- Experience managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Expert translating data into understandable overviews relating actionable initiatives.
- Experience defining objectives and key results.