Freelance Senior VMware Specialist needed - Ireland €600 p/d
Posted on Jul 14, 2022 by Source Technology
Freelance Senior VMware Specialist needed - Ireland
Daily rate: €600 a day
Ireland or remote - must move (relocate) to Ireland
Initial contract length: 6 months
My client continues to deliver innovative hybrid cloud solutions powered by leading organisations such as AWS, Microsoft, and VMware, bringing cutting edge training, skills, and experience to our professional services team.
As a Senior VMware Specialist, you will be working in the professional services team, developing, designing, and implementing modern infrastructure solutions. The key goal of this role is to deliver an end-to-end customer engagement, such as, requirements gathering, discovery, proposal building, design, and implementation. The role requires a deep understanding of key software defined datacentre and hybrid-cloud technologies to enable you to architect key solutions.
As a VMware Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Architecting, designing, and implementing best in class SDDC solutions for customers, with a primary focus on VMware SDN NSX-T, micro-segmentation and security solutions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer challenges and requirements to design and build solutions.
- Working in large complex projects, governed, and managed by a PM using industry standards such as PMBOK
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on SDDC on some of our vendor solutions such as, Dell HCI, CI and VMware hybrid cloud - Azure AVS and AWS VMC.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to customers and operations teams for new technologies and solutions which have been successfully implemented.
- Develop adoption strategies for new technologies evaluated to allow the operations team to upskill and provide support services.
- Delivering pre-sales workshops for new and existing clients:
- Evaluate the business operational challenges and current state impacts
- Demonstrate understanding
- Present findings, with risks and recommendations and anticipated benefits
- Continuous professional development is expected in all areas of the role.
- Managing multiple client engagements (pre-sales/technical account management/solution architecture/consultancy) simultaneously.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in solution architecture/IT consultancy and/or a senior technical role supporting VMware solutions.
- Deep knowledge of architectures in the areas of:
- Software Define Data Centre - SDS, SDN, VCF, VVD etc.
- vSAN powered HCI solutions
- Experience working with some, or all of the following vendors technologies as identified above
- Dell Technologies
Relevant up to date industry certification in the above.
- Good Knowledge of the following areas is an advantage.
- Network and Security
- End-user compute/digital workspace
- Public Cloud Azure and/or AWS
If you, or anyone else are interested in discussing this position in more detail, please respond with your most up-to-date CV and a time to speak ASAP
Email - (see below)