Environmental Planning Director
Posted on Jul 14, 2022 by White Peak Planning
Environmental Planning Director
White Peak Planning is seeking to appoint a Director to lead and grow its Environmental Planning services, with the opportunity to share in the ownership of the business.
We are an established, well respected, independent team of Town Planners and Environmental Planners, with a reputation for managing and delivering complex planning applications, including Environmental Impact Assessments and Sustainability Assessments, across a range of industry sectors.
We work closely with clients to lead and manage the planning application project team and EIA process on their behalf and ensure that robust and high-quality outputs are provided, that deliver the commercial aims.
Who are we seeking?
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically sound end experienced practitioner to take forward our Environmental Planning services, working alongside and supported by our existing leadership team. This could be someone looking to take a step-up into a Director role, or an established Director looking for the freedom to lead a team in an independent practice.
What are we offering?
We are offering a full-time Director level position based in south Manchester. We can offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package that can be tailored to suit the successful candidate. This would include a competitive salary, pension contribution and annual leave allowance, with additional benefits including health care, gym membership, professional memberships, home office etc,
For the successful candidate, the opportunity exists to earn a share in the business over time.
We will support you and provide professional and personal skills training to enable you to grow into the role.
Requirements and Attributes
The following is intended to provide an indication of the skills, qualities and experience we feel are important to fulfil the role, but it should not be seen as either mandatory or exhaustive as we recognise that some of these elements may be things the right candidate can work towards achieving over time:
Technical Knowledge, Experience and Background
• Relevant first or second degree, ideally with an EIA specific element;
• Proven experience of leading EIA teams and producing robust Environmental Statements;
• Full Chartered Membership of IEMA;
• An understanding of the Sustainability Agenda and how this can be responded to through the planning process;
• Experience in UK Environmental or Planning consultancy;
Skills and Attributes
• Effective communication skills;
• Excellent report writing skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to select, lead, manage and develop project teams;
• Ability to establish, develop and maintain client and co-professional collaborative working relationships;
• Willingness to learn new skills, develop new service areas and achieve professional accreditations;
• Able to provide credible strategic advice;
• Maintaining the Company s IEMA Quality Mark Registration;
• Managing our EIA projects and overseeing the production of our Environmental Statements, including review of technical chapters;
• Growing the Environmental Planning service business stream;
• Recruiting and mentoring new team members;
• Member of the WPP Leadership Team;
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to find out more, please contact Rob White in the first instance, either by phone ( / ) or email robw(at)whitepeakplanning.co.uk. Please also take a look at our website in the meantime . We look forward to hearing from you.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS