Lead Network Operations Engineer
Posted on Jul 14, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Lead Network Operations Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for analysing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and repairing of network and network security infrastructure, voice infrastructure and application components.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with IP network technologies including LAN switching, BGP/OSPF routing, VPLS/MPLS, Quality of Service, traffic engineering, server load balancing and network-security.
- Excellent knowledge implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus Switches and Routers, Cisco Next Gen Wireless, Cisco ASA VPN, & F5 Networks LTM/GTM, Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco Identity Service Engine
- Work on production related issues, Providing resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems.
- Identify, analyze, fix, and resolve root cause, follow-up, and coordinate changes to resolve sophisticated problems involving hardware, software, networking and applications.
- Be part of the team for on-call rotation and weekend activities as required.
- Provide resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems; Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable.
- Coordination with Technical Services lines to ensure implementation of standard methodologies for infrastructure governance, architecture, engineering, production support and service Management.
- Performing regular health checks on environments
- Checking status of environments and individual tools
- Ensures on-time and safe delivery of technical solutions.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Responsible for 24x7 Network Operations and network security activities
- Coordinates activities with other system areas and vendors, and deals with network security systems planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing.
- Provides network security systems administration support to users for Check Point Firewalls, Blue Coat proxies, F5 Big IP, Cisco Switches, Routers, and ASA, Infoblox IPAM.
- Provide resolutions to an extensive range of complicated network incident problems.
- Write user documentation, operational procedures, systems documentation and Incident and problem communications and reporting.
- Protect production by exercising sound judgment and following operational practices and procedures
- Quickly restore service during system outages, provide troubleshooting support to team members, perform proactive problem prevention, and taking technical lead and work with vendor support.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in IT Network Engineering and Operations 7+ years in a senior level in Operations & engineering role.
- Engaged with IP network technologies including LAN switching, BGP/OSPF routing, VPLS/MPLS, Quality of Service, traffic engineering, server load balancing and network-security design and delivery for large scale multi-site data center environments
- Understand High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts as apply to Network and Security designs.
- Proven track record with the design, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus Switches and Routers, Cisco Next Gen Wireless, Cisco ASA VPN, & F5 Networks LTM/GTM, Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco Identity Service Engine, Sourcefire IDS/IPS, Bluecoat Proxy
- Experience with NTP, RADIUS/TACACS+, DNS and DHCP infrastructure design