Associate Principal, Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Jul 14, 2022 by Request Technology
A prestigious financial firm is on the search for an Associate Principal, Site Reliability Engineer. This role is focused on cloud infrastructure, monitoring tools, distributed messaging systems, and containerization. Scripting experience with Java, Bash, Python, etc is desired.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with development, operations, and infrastructure teams to ensure availability of services, and to work through implementation issues.
- Develop automation for incident response and to prevent problem recurrence
- Create and enhance runbooks to respond to service outages or degradations
- Assess the production readiness of services
- Define and track operational metrics for production performance, reliability, scalability, and availability
- Architect, develop and maintain shared services and tools to improve reliability and reduce toil across the organization
- Contribute to the team's continuous improvement through research, retrospectives, discussion groups and code reviews
- Provide leadership within the team by guiding and mentoring junior members, and preparing stories for the sprint backlog
- Experience managing infrastructure in public cloud environments like AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP
- Experience providing visibility using monitoring and alerting tools like Splunk, SignalFx, AppDynamics, Datadog, StackDriver, Sysdig, Prometheus or Grafana
- Programming/Scripting experience in languages like Java, Bash, Python or Go
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ActiveMQ
- Experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm or Rancher
- Experience with using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Travis, Harness, Spinnaker, Appveyor, CodeBuild or CodePipeline.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps