Team Member 2
Posted on Jul 13, 2022 by McManus, Dosen & Co. CPAs
McManus, Dosen & Co. is looking for a detail-oriented accountant/auditor with strong people skills and at least 1 year of very recent public accounting audit, accounting, and tax experience, to join engagements in our expanding professional services practice. We need a team player who enjoys performing professional-level work, embraces innovation and technology, and welcomes new challenges. If you are called to be a professional and a solution provider with numerous opportunities to learn and grow- give us a call. We have a window office, clients to serve, a team to join, and a new adventure waiting for you.
- Serve as a team member on audit, review, compilation, and other financial reporting engagements. Duties will include testing and reconciling of accounts, participation in team meetings, financial statement drafting, research, and more.
- Assist with the periodic accounting and closings of the book of closely-held businesses. Maintain contact with the business owners throughout the year and develop a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of their business and industry.
- Prepare both corporate and personal income tax returns. Apply tax law to the advantage of our clients.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with clients transforming our role beyond accountant/auditor to trusted business advisor
- Identify client service opportunities and make recommendations to help them improve controls, processes, and profitability
- Develop and deepen technical skills (management, accounting/auditing, and technology) and industry knowledge to provide greater value to our clients
- Support teammates
Desired Skills & Experience
Minimum Skills and Experience
- Good accounting skills. A deep knowledge of debits and credits.
- One year of audit experience in a public accounting firm serving closely-held businesses and nonprofit organizations including those subject to Uniform Guidance regulations
- Experience preparing corporate and individual income tax returns
- Excellent organization, project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within required time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and figure out the most effective and efficient way to solve a problem
- Strong IT skills and proficiency in software commonly used in accounting firms such as: Microsoft Outlook products, web-based research, paperless engagement software, QuickBooks and other accounting packages, and ability to quickly learn new technologies
Additional Beneficial Skills and Experience
- CPA license or progress toward one
- Nonprofit organization audits
- HUD audits
- Proficiency in ProSystem FX Engagement UltraTax, and QuickBooks
Company Description & Philosophy
McManus, Dosen & Co, in business since 1985, is a full-service CPA firm with offices in Middleburg Heights, Ohio. We provide a full-range of services including accounting, auditing, tax, SOC examinations, business valuations, and general business consulting. We serve clients across a broad spectrum of industries and have an extensive nonprofit organization practice. We offer a family-friendly atmosphere, competitive salary and benefits, interesting and varied assignments, and are committed to the growth and success of our clients and team members.
Our objective is to be the most trusted business advisor to our clients by providing them with high quality proactive audit, accounting, tax and consulting services that help them meet their business and personal goals. We achieve this objective by fielding a team of highly skilled, knowledgeable, and friendly professionals who are committed to this vision and treat each client as a member of their own family.
Contact: Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to our partner in charge of recruiting, Mike McManus, at .