Platform Engineer SRE Automation Developer
Posted on Jul 12, 2022 by Request Technology
Platform Engineer SRE Automation Developer (REMOTE)
Salary: $140k-$160k + 15% bonus
Location: 100% Remote
*We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role*
- Must have 3-5 years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard SDLC and Cloud products including Github Enterprise, Terraform Cloud + Sentinel, Jira, Hashicorp Packer & Vault, Splunk, Prisma Cloud, Checkmarx, Snyk, Artifactory, New Relic, Jenkins, Harness.io and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong coding background a must in either python, Java, Golang, Perl or Shell Scripting. Must have wide and deep experience coding in Terraform. Strong expertise in security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies, eg PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning.
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with database technologies on Cloud/physical/virtual platforms
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience. Preferable 7+ years in an enterprise-level infrastructure platform role with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows, and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and API gateways.
- Experience in 1 of the primary public cloud providers is a must. Direct experience in GCP and AWS is preferable.
- As part of the Cloud Platform Engineering team, you will be responsible for a large multi-project GCP environment that our internal application development teams rely on. You will assist with maintaining and developing cloud-based shared infrastructure services, while continually implementing service improvements.
- You will be engineering, architecting, designing, and supporting capabilities including landing zone guardrails, network connectivity, CI/CD infrastructure, security, observability, and service catalog offerings.
- All team members are expected to be active participants in the envisioning, design, and development process - this includes proactively suggesting improvements and alternatives along with keeping an open mind to the suggestions offered by other team members and users.
- You will be collaborating with business and technology stakeholders, and product teams to develop and articulate our vision; as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience, in globally distributed platform aligned teams across technology.