Head of Business Technology
Posted on Jul 10, 2022 by Proactive Selection Ltd
A new position. The client has a number of segmented systems that were put in place as the business had grown and now that it is a multi-million pound business with over 150 employees, they require an overhaul of business technology used & needed. The business wants to ensure it avoids the possible loss of huge amounts of revenue that could be caused by running less than adequate systems and business technology. The emphasis backed up with significant budget is to review and implement a cohesive Business Technology plan. The business has already put in place a "discovery" process with an external consultancy to find out what they need and how to proceed but they need an experienced Head of Business Technology to pull everything together, plan and implement massive critical change. They were a small business which has been growing exponentially and require scalable business technology that will serve the current and future needs.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of technology within the business.
- Regular reporting to the board
- Manage all technology service providers with a view to managing costs and improving efficiency
- Constantly review and report on information security and regulatory compliance factors
- Review and Manage the development of new system to replace Legacy applications and websites
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure they have all the technology tools reasonably required to perform at the highest possible rate of efficiency and streamline and improve business processes where possible
- Manage department and contract technology staff ensuring they are fully trained and providing consistent and highest quality technology services and support to the business
Ideal Skill Set:
- Delivery of CMS/CRM/ERP systems
- Experience of leading programmes involving development best practices and Agile methodology
- Previous experience of managing a team running websites, services, and console apps on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Good understanding of the .NET Framework supporting running of websites, services, desktop apps, and more on Windows.
- Previous experience of delivering projects using multiple languages, editors, and libraries to build for web, mobile and desktop
- A good understanding of development projects which use C#, F#, or Visual Basic