Facilities Maintenance Repairperson
Posted on Jul 9, 2022 by CUYAHOGA COUNTY BOARD OF DD
The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (Cuyahoga DD) is seeking a Repairperson to perform all building maintenance and trade work including, but not limited to, HVAC systems, mechanical equipment, plumbing, electrical, carpentry (rough and finish), structural, fabrication, painting, key system maintenance and all other building maintenance repairs, remodeling and new construction activities as assigned, day to day management of key control system.
The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Assist in installing, repairing and performing preventative maintenance work on all HVAC systems and equipment. Assist in installing, repairing and performing preventive maintenance work on all plumbing systems. Assist in installing and repairing all electrical systems, alarm systems, and other electrically operated equipment.
- Perform interior and exterior building repairs and maintenance.
- Repair and install windows and doors.
- Repair and install hardware and miscellaneous materials including, but not limited to, window and floor hardware; partition hardware; fixtures; dispensers; wall hangings; fire and safety equipment, door closers, panic bars & locksets, and other locking mechanisms.
- Upon request, assist center's custodians in all maintenance and housekeeping activities during normal operating hours or evening hours.
- On call, seven days a week, 24 hours per day, to perform emergency maintenance work of the type mentioned above and/or other tasks such as snow removal, building damage clean up and security checks.
- Check phones and emails daily.
- Be able to monitor equipment through METASYS.
- Complete and maintain daily work activity log.
BENEFITS AND MORE: Working at the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities is more than a job---it's a career experience! The benefits package is also fantastic and includes extensive paid time off, plus 16 paid holidays, outstanding healthcare benefits, annual pay increases, paid professional leave, and unparalleled retirement benefits through the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System. The Cuyahoga DD recruits and retains outstanding individuals who are committed to our mission of supporting and empowering people with developmental disabilities to live, learn, work and play in the community. We seek to attract diverse staff who desire to inspire, to promote abilities and talents, to foster inclusion is all aspects of community life, and to hold themselves and others to high expectations. We hope you choose to join our team!
Salary listed is MINIMUM. Actual starting salary is negotiable.
- Minimum five years' experience in overall school or commercial building maintenance.
- Specialization in at least one building maintenance trade, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Trade school or other specialized training or education desirable.
- Valid state of Ohio driver's license and continued maintenance of excellent driving record.