ServiceNow Discovery Systems Administrator
Posted on Jul 8, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a ServiceNow Discovery Systems Administrator. Candidate will be responsible for the day to day administration of ServiceNow Discovery.
- Manage the ServiceNow Discovery mid-Servers
- Write automation scripts using common automation tools
- Interface with 3rd party applications using API's.
- Prepare management reports including service metrics.
- Participates in or leads projects of medium to high complexity.
- Manage day to day activities of the when called upon to do so.
- Comprehensive understanding and background in ServiceNow Discovery, including Cloud Discovery, and how it should populate the CMDB
- 5 years hands-on experience designing, implementing, and managing ServiceNow Discovery, including ServiceNow Cloud Discovery
- ServiceNow Cloud Discovery experience should include Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions, Cloud APIs, Cloud Containers, etc.
- Experience developing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining ServiceNow Discovery governance processes, procedures, policies and related documentation
- Strong knowledge of IP Subnets to develop effective ServiceNow Discovery schedules
- Experience designing and implementing MID-Servers for ServiceNow Discovery
- Experience creating/updating ServiceNow Discovery IP ranges and schedules
- Experience must include knowledge of, and the ability to properly interpret and act on, CI IRE rules, discovery logs (eg: errors), patterns and probes (eg: debugging)
- Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, TCP, SNMP, SOAP, and REST
- System administration experience using SHELL/BASH and/or PowerShell
- Familiarity with XML and JSON/script language concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Resourceful, takes the initiative to accomplish goals and objectives
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA)
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) - Discovery
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Strong understanding of:
- Various IT systems
- Cloud technologies
- ServiceNow Discovery
- Solid understanding of systems administration
- Solid understanding of network technologies
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a an IT related field
- Minimum 5 years experience working with ServiceNow
Certificates or Licenses:
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist - Discovery