Service Desk Lead
Posted on Jul 6, 2022 by Baringa
We set out to build the world s most trusted consulting firm - creating lasting impact for clients and pioneering a positive, people-first way of working. We work with everyone from FTSE 100 names to bright new start-ups, in every sector.
You ll find us collaborating shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients, from the big picture right down to the detail: helping them define their strategy, deliver complex change, spot the right commercial opportunities, manage risk or bring their purpose and sustainability goals to life. Our clients love how we get to know what makes their businesses tick - slotting seamlessly into their teams and being proudly geeky about solving their challenges.
We have hubs in Europe, the US, Asia and Australia, and we work all around the world - from a wind farm in Wyoming to a boardroom in Berlin. Find us wherever there s a challenge to be tackled and an impact to be made.
Baringa believe that diversity is paramount to driving creativity, innovation, and value for our clients and for our people, and creating an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging is central to our culture.
Our Baringa Enablement team are seeking a Global Service Desk Lead to work within our expanding IT department.
What will you be doing?
- Leading a global service desk team with presence in London, New York, Sydney, Bulgaria and Germany.
- Have input on our long-term service desk strategy.
- Identify areas of improvement and implement as required.
- Setting objectives for service desk team and assisting them in meeting these.
- Report on status of team, delivery, and SLAs to key stakeholders.
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring to the service desk team.
- Provide staff scheduling for service desk team to cover our core hours.
- Ensure correct logging and categorisation is followed for incidents and requests.
- Ensure service desk team are following correct processes (using ITIL methodology where applicable.
- Hold regular 1:1 sessions with service desk team members.
- Identify and assist service desk team in areas for development and training.
- Assist service desk team members in their personal career development.
So, what are we looking for?
We recruit individuals at all levels based on merit. Some of the key sills we are looking for:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change.
Able to navigate a degree of ambiguity.
Keen to collaborate with others, knowing that the best results come from pooling ideas, experience and expertise.
Focussed on problem solving - able to recognise how issues and challenges have come about, but more interested in solving them than admiring the problem.
Hands-on and happy to be involved in the detail and rolling your sleeves up.
Communication with business stakeholders
Additionally, the successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience working within ITIL framework, ITIL certification
Management Experience in service desk environment
Experience working within IT service desk in support role
Experience in leading remote teams. 24x7/follow the sun a bonus.
So, what's in it for you?
Well, it s up to you. Baringa is what you make it.
- Promotion is solely based on your own performance, and we give you every opportunity to progress by having four promotional reviews a year
- We re proud to put people first with wellbeing at the forefront of our culture, one example of this is that every employee receives £300 a year to put towards their wellbeing! In 2022 this was recognised in our ranking in the UK s Great Place To Work 'Best Workplaces for Wellbeing'.
- All employees participate in the Baringa Group Profit Share Scheme, which seeks to ensure that everyone has a stake in the success of the company.
- We recognise everyone needs a well-deserved break - As such we have introduced the Re-charge benefit meaning Baringa will offer all employees an additional 2 weeks of paid leave after 5 years continuous service.
- Lastly, we recognise the importance of work-life balance and we know that the ideal balance will vary from person to person and will change at different stages of our working lives. If you require flexible working, please talk to one of our Recruiters about the flexibility you may need.
Diversity & Inclusion
All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, faith or social background. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to actively encourage applications from those who identify with less represented and minority groups. We do not filter applications by university background and encourage those who have taken alternative educational and career paths to apply.