Network and Cloud Security Architect
Posted on Jul 6, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Network and Cloud Security Architect. Candidate will be a go-to resource for teams seeking deeper clarity, potential solutions, or recommendations for meeting security requirements when path forward is uncertain.
- Security analysis and guidance from within the Security Team.
- Constructive review of existing environment standards, designs, tools, and services to determine areas of weakness, inconsistency, or exposure, this while offering recommendations for IT remediations and maturity.
- Thoughtful analysis and alignment with Security Operations and GRC to ensure alerting, metrics, and reporting are conveying information to further reinforce security standards or identify deviations.
- Defining security architecture, standards, and solutions within one or more domains
- Develop conceptual and logical security architectures to inform and influence product selection and application
- Create and document technical security standards, policies, procedures, and processes
- Support the analysis and implementation of security standards to establish repeatability and consistency across the technology ecosystem.
- Continuous analysis of future-state security requirements tied to product roadmaps, strategies, and business initiatives.
- Design and advocate for modern approaches to network and infrastructure security
- Develop patterns, strategies, and roadmaps aligned to Grainger's technology and business goals
- Perform risk assessments and identify capabilities needed to address current and anticipated challenges to our networks and infrastructure
- Firewalls, networking, routing, load balancers, and related
- Zero trust, zone-based architecture, defense in depth, SASE, SSE, and micro-segmentation
- Identity-based network access, time-bound access to networks, and NAC
- Wireless technologies, 802.1x, WPAx, and wireless in IoT and industrial applications
- Intrusion detection/prevention, threat protection, application and content identification
- Web application Firewalls (WAF), application and reverse proxies, DDoS protection strategies
- SaaS cloud service security (O365, Salesforce, ServiceNow, etc.)
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and other commodity IaaS vendors
- NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, etc.
- SABSA, TOGAF, and enterprise architecture frameworks
- Frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK and OWASP ASVS, with the ability to articulate how the frameworks assist in enhancing security.
- Vulnerability management technologies and secure development tools.
- Threat modelling methodologies and frameworks
- Server, database, and infrastructure security and resiliency
- Kubernetes and containers
- Internet of Things (IoT), Operational Technologies (OT) and industrial controls
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (related) or equivalent experience as a hand-on security architect/senior security engineer.
- 7+ years of IT Security Experience. Industry certifications are highly desired (ie CISSP, CCSP, or other advanced-level certifications).
- Highly technical and analytical expertise, with a proven background in security technology design, implementation, and delivery. This individual must be comfortable providing metrics, analysis, and quantitative/qualitative evidence to drive an expected security outcome.