Posted on Jul 5, 2022 by FM Construction & Maintenance Limited
Fitzrovia Property Ventures Ltd is involved with two prestigious design projects in central London, we are developing two boutique 5 star hotels in Fitzrovia and Westminster.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Director to over see the management and executive of our construction project in Newman Street. The opportunity involves leading a large multi-phased project from summer 2022.
- Coordinate efforts across the entire project between client, architects, designers, engineers and subcontractors
- Confirming building plans with surveyors, architects, and engineers.
- Recruitment of site personnel where necessary
- Creating work schedules so that the project is completed on time and within budget
- Ensuring that all staff working on the project are working safely, productively and to a high standard.
- Providing progress reports to clients via phone, email, Teams or one to one meetings
- Negotiating with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Determining and defining scope of work and obtaining necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory pre-requisites.
- Draft and submit the budget based on scope of work and the resources required
- Provide direction over contracts and subcontracts.
- Manage the construction schedule and activities
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety regulations
Qualifications for Construction Project Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture
- 5-7 years of experience in project management within construction
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer software
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
- Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
- Strong leadership and management skills