STORES MANAGER - Johnstone depot
Posted on Jul 5, 2022 by Mcgills
STORES MANAGER - McGill's Bus Service Ltd - Johnstone depot
A vacancy has now arisen for a Stores Manager based at McGill's Bus Service Ltd, Johnstone, Renfrewshire This role is full time and permanent with a basic working week of 40/45 hours, typical working hours are Monday - Friday from 7am - 4pm. An excellent salary is available to the successful candidate.
As a Stores Manager your role would be to receive, store, maintain, issue, count and despatch all items required to meet the business requirements. Experience in the parts industry preferred, but not essential.
Stores Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labelling supplies. Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
- Augmented weekly mini stock takes
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Coordinate the handling of warranties and core returns.
- Other duties, locations, and hours to suit company requirements on occasion.
Stores Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Knowledge of proper inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom environment
- Analytical mind. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in data entry. Familiarity with stock control systems beneficial.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Ability to safely and legally operate a forklift would be beneficial.
- Skills to operate common office equipment
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel and Word
- 1+ years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, record keeping is preferred.
- Valid clean driver's license
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and your CV