Event & Hotel Management Graduate Scheme
Posted on Jul 4, 2022 by Quarter Ltd
Quarter is an independently run company at the forefront of the hospitality industry within Bristol, operating a wide selection of businesses across Clifton, in the heart of the city. Our ever-expanding portfolio currently consists of four individual, boutique hotels, luxury 5 serviced suites, four award-winning restaurants, a highly successful property letting business, a high spec co-working space and an exclusive and prestigious private members club. We also boast a very popular events space in the idyllic Hay-on-Wye in Wales, where we annually run the sell-out festival, How The Light Gets In , celebrating literature, art, philosophy and music, in conjunction with the Institute of Arts and Ideas.
We are looking for individuals with plenty of charisma and enthusiasm to join our community and forge their way to the top of our business via our Event and Hotel Management Graduate Scheme.
Benefits of the scheme:
- Fast-track management scheme with the intention and opportunity to progress quickly within the company
- Full immersion into the running of a highly successful and expanding company
- A rotation-based scheme, with time spent at each of our hotels, restaurants and bars, members club, co-working space and head office
- The opportunity to work with our sister company at the Institute of Art and Ideas in London, at the biannual How The Light Gets In festival (run in Hay-on-Wye in May and London in September)
- A comprehensive and structured training plan with regular reviews, as well as additional internal and external training courses
- The chance to develop your leadership, management and customer service skills
- Competitive salary with additional performance based bonus schemes
- Contributory pension scheme
- Sociable and lively work atmosphere with like-minded people
- Excellent staff discounts across our hotels, restaurants and bars
We are offering you the rare opportunity to get involved in all areas of our company, where you will learn the operations of our diverse businesses. You will be immersed into the company from the very first day, and will gain an insight into all aspects of hotel and restaurant management, including front of house operations, such as team management, guest interaction and event preparation, as well as a full understanding of back of house operations, from forecasting to budget management. In addition to this you will also cover various other areas within the company, such as sales and marketing, group reservations, accounting, HR and training, revenue management, SEO and website management and property development.
The diversity of this scheme will give you the opportunity to experience all aspects of the company, allowing you to establish and build upon your strengths in the hospitality industry within a highly reputable company.
The ideal candidate will have a strong business head and professional outlook, as well as the desire to succeed and the ability to learn and adapt quickly. Although experience in hospitality is not necessary, a passion for customer service is essential.
A minimum of a 2:1 in any discipline is required.
For further details on the company, and our graduate scheme, please visit our website
How to apply:
Please click APPLY NOW to submit you CV and covering letter with the subject Event and Hotel Management Scheme . Please put the reference GRAD2022 at the top of your application.