Backend Software Engineer Python Cloud
Posted on Jun 29, 2022 by Client Server
Backend Software Engineer Cambridge / WfH to £75k
Backend Software Engineer / Developer (Python Cloud SaaS Rust) Remote / Hybrid WfH . Are you a skilled Backend Software Engineer who enjoys collaborating and problem solving?
You could be joining a well funded tech start-up, spun out of Cambridge University that is developing a SaaS data management product, in a senior, hands-on role.
As a Backend Software Engineer you will design and develop new features and enhancements to the core AI based SaaS platform that is deployed using Helm charts and Kubernetes to assemble components that ingest and index data from a range of sources for querying by extensions embedded into third-party tools and customer workflows.
There's a host of technical challenges to get involved with, you'll be collaborating and taking a lead role within an Agile team environment; you'll be working with Python, Rust and TypeScript, picking up new skills and technologies along the way. As a senor member of the team you'll help to set best practice and mentor others and contribute to technical design decisions.
Following a remote interview process you'll be able to work from home most of the time, meeting up with colleagues in Cambridge as little as once a quarter (or as often as desired).
- You have strong backend Python development skills
- You have a thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as Data Structures, Algorithms and Design Patterns
- You have experience of working on a SaaS product, they use Azure but you could have any cloud based experience (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Ideally you will have used Rust and / or TypeScript, or be happy to learn and use going forward
- You're collaborative, have a genuine enthusiasm for technology, happy to mentor and keen to make a difference in a start-up environment
As a Backend Software Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £75k) plus bonus and benefits including EMI share options.
Apply now to find out more about this Backend Software Engineer / Developer (Python Cloud SaaS Rust) opportunity.