Posted on Jun 25, 2022 by The Big Give
The Big Give is the UK's number one match funding platform. We are a non-profit organisation which has a huge impact and big ambition for the future. We are responsible for the UK's biggest online match funding campaign, the Christmas Challenge, which raised over £24m last year. Since being founded by Sir Alec Reed CBE in 2007, the Big Give has helped to raise £190 million for thousands of UK-registered charities.
We're currently hybrid working and are based in our Covent Garden office 1-2 days per week, where we're hosted by Reed.co.uk (UK's Job Site). This means you will get all the benefits of working in a small non-profit team with a start-up mindset while being supported by a larger corporation.
Due to growth in the Big Give's operation, we're recruiting this new position to our small but impactful team.
Role purpose: Work across the whole of the Big Give's technology stack, with a focus on the back-end and automated testing, to ensure the successful delivery of our match funding campaigns, products and services.
What you will do:
- Supported by the Big Give's experienced Tech Lead and existing Software Engineer. You, together with the existing dev team, will provide all of the technical support for the organisation alongside working with several third-party agencies
- Implement the Big Give Tech strategy and help shape the future of match funding technology
- Support in building The Big Give's scalable and secure microservices powering 100k+ donations / £35+ million annually
- Maintain and improve existing code, defining guidelines and design patterns in developing new code including improving unit test coverage, automated regression tests, and load testing
- Be responsible for planning, designing and implementing new features and functionalities
- Work in two-weekly agile sprints
- Provide ad-hoc IT support to the team as and when required
- A strong technical "all-rounder"
- Driven to self-develop
- Enjoys problem-solving
- A great communicator
- Enjoys working as part of a small and successful team
- Understands and applies agile principles
What you need:
We don't expect candidates to have experience in all of the following. However, candidates will need experience in at least two of the following, with an interest in learning and developing (which the Big Give will support) in the others:
- Infrastructure and load testing (Docker, CI, Terraform, AWS, MySQL, Node.js, Artillery)
- Automated end-to-end testing (Webdriver.io, Behaviour Driven Development)
- Salesforce backend and administration (Apex, SOQL, data modelling, declarative processes)
- PHP (some familiarity with Slim and/or Symfony frameworks)
It would also be beneficial if the candidate had experience or interest in learning and developing in
- Salesforce frontend (LWC, Aura)
- Web frontend (Angular, TypeScript, SCSS, Web Components)
What you'll get
- £40,000 - 50,000 salary (depending on experience)
- Up to 30 days of Annual Leave, excluding Bank Holidays
- Flexible working, including the provision to work from home
- Investment in your personal development
- Other benefits include childcare vouchers, a company pension scheme, personal accident cover, a personal development allowance and free eye tests.
Application deadline: 30th July 2022.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.