Software Development Manager
Posted on Jun 23, 2022 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Software Development Manager
6 Month Contract
Central Technology Services(CTS) is a centralised function within ET that architects, delivers and runs shared systems and infrastructure across the European entities and operates IT security underpinning all IT activities.
Software Development Manager to join management team reporting to the Head of Function. The role will have overall responsibility for the software development practice of the function and manage a software development team to deliver and support bespoke solutions and platforms with strong engineering focus. The portfolio of work will consist of multiple concurrent demands ranging from projects of varying size and nature to smaller specific business requests, The role will work closely with other members of the management team (Portfolio Manager, Automation & Control Manager, Business Applications Manager, Lead Application Architect) to fulfil the plans and demands for the function.
- Own the practice of Software Development used across the entire function spanning all technologies, SDLCs, standards, patterns, tooling. Look to continuously improve, keep up to date with and embrace new technologies and ways of working,
- Management of the pipeline of software delivery at a macro level (ie, budgeting, planning, forecasting) and micro level (ie, work request allocation, funding, charging, execution to targets) for the defined areas in scope, Lead, develop and motivate a team of software developers to ensure they achieve and contribute to their maximum potential.
- Provide necessary oversight to ensure solutions are developed in accordance with function's quality standards, controls, architecture, wider organisation security standards and optimal total cost of ownership.
- Collaborate with Release Management to ensure environments are fit for purpose and a timely and controlled deployment of software assets through the environments into production.
- Sustain the software delivered in accordance with production SLAs and providing ongoing fixes, improvements and exploitations.
- Collaborate with the Architects, Project Managers, Analysts and the IT management team contributing to business cases, sizing/estimations, plans and ensuring optimal design and execution of solutions.
- Develop and leverage a close working relationship with key technology stakeholders within CTS, with peers across European Technology and within the Global Corporate Technology function
- Represent (direct or through delegate) the function at relevant Community Forums.
- Track and report on key KPIs
The successful candidate will possess the following essential experience:
- 10+ Years proven track record working in software development teams
- Technical leadership in area of software development and engineering (practices, design and implementation patters) Solutions
- Applications (with thick/thin clients), Data Reporting & Analytics Platforms, Integrations (Web Services, ETL, File Transfers), Reporting, Automations Multi-tier architecture: Ul, Service Tiers, Databases Technologies
- Experienced in Version Control, Continuous Integration/Build, Code Analysis and Test Management tools Experience in reporting tools Power BI and Excel Power Query/Power Pivot desirable MS Azure Stack, programming, SQL, web application development, security and open-source technologies Development Environment
- Delivery and sustainment of software solutions in agile yet controlled environment using leading tools, techniques and KPIs Regular releases of software to production level services Continuous build, deploy, test, release processes and tools and focus on automations of same On premise and cloud based environments (notably MS Azure stack) Development Teams Management of team of developers Manage multiple concurrent projects and change requests of varying scale, timelines Close collaboration with infrastructure (and more specifically cloud) engineers in a DevOps team organised manner to deliver and sustain solutions Collaboration
- Excellent skills with a track record in communicating and collaborating at all levels from Executive to Team level, IS and business stakeholders.
- Excellent written skills are also essential Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
The successful candidate will possess the following desirable experience:
Delivered solutions within the Financial Services industry 3rd level degree in IT/computer science or related field
Leadership Innovation and Change
Drive for Results
Operational Excellence & Process Improvement
Team Working & Cross Functional Collaboration