Senior Director CI/CD and Tooling
Posted on Jun 23, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Director CI/CD and Tooling. Candidate will help advocate internal developer enablement platform. Candidate will be an infrastructure expert that has strong developer experience, CLIs, UIs, DevOps and IaC. This role is focused on tooling to build and enable a curated CI/CD platform for developers to run their pipelines using Agile Scrum and Lean methodologies.
- As part of the Platform Engineering team, you will be working on a large multi-project GCP environment and developer enablement tooling that our internal application development teams rely on.
- Serve as the engineering lead for automating deployment, reliability, monitoring and operations of the overall platform's CI/CD tools.
- Facilitate the requirements setting for engineering, architecting, design and support of the environment for CI/CD infrastructure
- Collaborate heavily with business leaders, technology stakeholders and product teams to develop and articulate our vision; as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience, in globally distributed platform aligned teams across technology.
- Work across Platform Engineering teams to ensure a seamless integration of the enablement services in our internal developer cloud platforms to provide capabilities to development and product aligned engineering teams to meet the needs of the business.
- Advocate and coach on modern software delivery and CI/CD pipelines to build the cloud platform, machine images and containers.
- Help document, advocate and formalize patterns for resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting that is integrated into firm systems such as CMDB.
- Advocate using DevOps tools & approaches, including Terraform Cloud, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Harness, Vault, Packer, etc.
- Own project management, in-take management, priority setting and demand management of the build out of these services.
- Participate in the Architecture Review Process and pull request-based code and document reviews to help steer developers towards platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform.
- Be an active participant in the envisioning, design and development process - this includes proactively suggesting improvements and alternatives along with keeping an open mind to the suggestions offered by other team members and users.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry-standard developer and enterprise SDLC, IaC and CI/CD products such as GitHub Enterprise, Terraform Cloud + Sentinel, Jira, Hashicorp Packer & Vault, Splunk, Prisma Cloud, Checkmarx, Snyk, Artifactory, New Relic, Jenkins, Harness.io and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong coding background a must in one of python, Java, golang, Perl or Shell Scripting.
- 4Expertise in code security and SDLC related technologies, eg PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning.
- Ability to decompose complex processes into understandable components
- Must have 5 years of experience of designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with concepts pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and API gateways.
- Experience in one of the primary public cloud environments, direct experience in GCP is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, learning new skills to implement new technologies.
- Highly-collaborate team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the technology and business organizations.
- Experience in running managed CI/CD services to directly serve developers and strip away all of the hard parts of CI/CD.
- Business awareness (KPIs, strategy, etc).
- Internal developer relationship skills and empathy for developers' needs.