Big Data Architect
Posted on Jun 23, 2022 by NextLink Solutions
NextLink Solutions is looking for a Solution Architect for Big Data to work for a Pharma Global company.
Scope of the Mission:
The Solutions Architect for Big Data is responsible for designing the functional and technical integration solutions to onboard them onto our common Digital Platform. Responsible for participating in requirements analysis and decomposition, designs and the documentation of the big data solutions within the R&D. Understand how applications work to support business requirements in alignment with the architecture principles and standards. Works with specialized tools, such as application programming interfaces (APIs) and Event-Driven-Architecture, identity federation, big data tools or interoperability standards made specifically to support our digital assets.
- Participate in the definition of the architecture roadmap for the platform that provides standard services to allow data exchange transactions from/to internal applications and 3rd party systems;
- As a Solutions Architect, you do more than just sketch a system. You work with Engineers, Tech Leads, Product Managers, Sales and Medical teams to recommend the best solutions that scales, are reliable and evolve according to our vision, in compliance with the data privacy and legal requirements;
- Define the best technical solution to integrate different data and applications and systems using the standard component of our architecture landscape, detecting potential gaps or required improvements in these architecture components;
- Support the development and business teams on architecture and technical questions, facilitating the service delivery;
- Proactively foster the delivery of high-quality maintenance, enhancements, and project initiatives of Roche Diabetes Care Platform;
- Ensure that the architecture components are reusable as much as possible, aligned with the standards and best practices;
- Works in a multi-project, multi-team environment with both internal and external team members.
- Specify and design solutions for big data across business areas or systems. Evaluate and undertake impacted analyses on major design options;
- Ensure that the system design balance functional, service quality, security and systemmanagement requirements;
- Design, maintain and manage the data pipelines, interface models, frameworks and artefacts
- Contribute to solution scoping and effort sizing with cross-functional teams
- Investigate operational requirements, problems and opportunities for cross functional initiatives
- Seeks to understand before prescribing a solution;
- Self-motivated with proven track record of Cloud and Big Data Architectures in a complex solution design;
- Stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to make informed recommendations;
- Contribute to operational relationship with third party suppliers and consultants;
- Ensure the quality of our Architecture Documentation.
- BS degree Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years as Solution Architect in a medium/large company
- 2+ years relevant experience in cloud native applications using Microservice architecture and Event-Driven design using REST APIs frameworks
- 2+ years relevant experience designing in data platforms, datalakes, Business Intelligence and Datawarehouses
- Experience understanding customers/business requirements and building big data platforms
- Experience working with OAuth2, OpenID, SAML and API Manager
- Experience in integration using Async or Sync interfaces using ESB, Web services, Rest API or streaming APIs, data pipelines.
- Proficient in software development life cycle in Agile frameworks
- Ability to identify problems and suggest mitigating and contingency actions
- Good communication skills and excellent team collaboration
- Experience working with globally distributed teams and 3rd party relationships
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive Nice to have:
- MS in Computer Science or related field;
- Knowledge of distributed systems following microservice approach;
- Experience in programming (Java/NodeJS, Python, Scala)
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS Certified Solution Architecture and AWS Certified BigData specialty is a plus);
- Experience in Healthcare interoperability standards like FHIR or HL7;
- Experience with Azure and/or Google Cloud is a plus.
Please feel free to apply or reach out with your updated CV at (see below)