Posted on Jun 23, 2022 by Request Technology
Salary: $110k-$130k % bonus
Location: Hybrid role (2 days in-office, 3 days remote) in either location
Chicago, IL/Lenexa, KS
*We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role*
A prestigious financial company is seeking a Linux Engineer responsible for building and maintaining the Servers, storage, OS, and configuration of all trading environments.
- 5+ years' experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites)
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring)
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates)
- Strong understanding of software engineering (design, testing, version control) and experience in two of the following languages: Python/C/C++/Ruby
- Represent the Linux Systems team and take ownership of our portion of large infrastructure projects.
- Gather, organize, document, and clearly communicate project requirements to relevant teams.
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude
- Identify key performance and capacity metrics and build scalable monitoring systems
- Play a lead role in several R&D efforts and evaluate emerging technologies
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements