Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Jun 22, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior DevOps Engineer
REMOTE form these states: Chicago/Dallas/Houston/Austin/Boston/Palo Alto, San Francisco/NY/Atlanta, GA/Washington DC/
This is to support & Enhance a 3rd parties client facing application written in Kuberntes Azure Kubernetes Docker Containerization Infrastructure DevOps Application Support Infrastructure Components performance requirements DevOps Patterns Linux Azure Dynatrace APM ECK PowerShell Ansible Puppet
Applications Architect is responsible for the DevOps support, maintenance, upkeep of the tools and infrastructure, and to provide application support for a large web application. He/she/they will perform analysis, design and implementation of solutions that satisfy the application needs.
- Maintains DevOps environment, tools, scripts, configuration etc.
- Review and monitor DevOps activities, logs, and act accordingly.
- Advise 3rd party vendor on approach consistent with Kirkland standards
- Recognize and respond to reported issues in a prompt manner. Resolve problems and perform root cause analysis as required and improvise processes and procedures using best practices.
- Support changes affecting DevOps infrastructure and application environments. Collaborate with members of the Application Development team to understand technology and standards at Kirkland; align project approach with Kirkland standards as appropriate.
- Work closely with project Technical Architect to understand strategic direction for application and guide tool per that direction.
- Release management and deployment, including participation in on-call rotation for after hours devops/application support.
- Assist/support in troubleshooting production and non-production environment issues with configuration, code, or 3rd-party dependencies and integrations.
- Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using intermediate analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Configuration management of existing and new server infrastructure, maintenance, updates, and migrations ensuring known state across environments.
- Maintain application security, design and documentation according to legal compliance requirements and Security governance directions.
- Manage environmental (infrastructure, code versions, and data) differences.
- Create process and change control documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of current and future directions of business industry and associated technologies.
- Investigate and document present procedures as liaison with user departments.
- Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or similar disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in area of DevOps, Scripting an asset.
- 10+ years of IT experience with a 3+ years of software development experience (preferred)
- 5+ years of DevOps and application support experience in a fast paced environment. (preferred)
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and the various methodologies. (required)
- Thorough understanding of the various tools and technologies around devops, such as, version control, environment build tools, CI/CD automation tools -Azure DevOps (preferred)
- Sound knowledge of version control systems and configurations -Git, TFVC in Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of MS .Net, and .NET core. (required)
- Fairly decent hands on working knowledge around Linux and Windows based systems - (Microsoft IIS, Nginx preferred) (required)
- Knowledge and hands on Scripting experience in languages, and ability to debug scripts and configurations. (Windows PowerShell, Bash, MSBuild preferred) (preferred)
- Knowledge and hands on with database query languages (TSQL, PostgreSQL preferred)
- Comfortable in working with cloud and on-prem environments - Azure, containers etc. (required)
- Dynatrace, ELK or other server and application performance monitoring (APM) tools (preferred)
- Understanding of secure coding best practices including OWASP top 10 and other potential application vulnerabilities, and securing infrastructure layer to mitigate attack vectors (including undesirable information disclosure at the server and make recommendations at the application level) (required)
- Syncfusion Coverity or other SAST/DAST/IAST tools and their configuration (preferred)
- Understanding of SSL certificates and management (required)
- Understanding of F5 load balancing/APM capabilities (required)
- Familiarity with identity management with ADFS, Azure AD, and SAML client configuration (required)
- Familiarity with DNS record management (required)
- Familiarity with network traffic diagnostics with packet capture tools such as Fiddler, WireShark (preferred)