Senior Director Platform Observability
Posted on Jun 22, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Director Platform Observability. Candidate will build, integrate, and evangelize observability platforms and solutions for the enterprise. This includes technologies that collect, deliver, analyze, and visualize metrics, logs, and traces. They will be expected to lead a team in pursuit of these efforts, as well as be a hands-on engineer. They will be responsible for successfully working with globally distributed platform aligned teams across technology to drive adoption of these solutions and ensure they drive value for the organization. In delivery of these solutions, the SRE will be expected to leverage automation and orchestration tooling, along with infrastructure-as-code patterns to support their endeavors.
- Define and implement the strategy for Observability. This includes the collection, delivery, analysis, and visualization of metrics, logs, and traces.
- Build and integrate best-of-breed observability platforms in support of that strategy. Building orchestration and automation tooling around off the shelf solutions, as well as building solutions that meet the unique needs.
- Directly collaborate with senior management and all product stakeholders to understand business requirements, help drive alignment, and build thoughtful solutions throughout your team.
- Be involved in the development of scalable, distributed software systems, and work on other projects that require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions
- Mentor other engineers; Provide leadership in iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows.
- Motivate, lead and develop a team of diverse individuals with a variety of experience levels and skill sets.
- Manage software projects and resource planning leveraging tools like Jira to manage projects through Kanban boards or Scrum projects.
- Participate in design and code reviews for products across the enterprise to champion the tenants of observability and guide teams in their implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of experience where, 5+ years are spent in leadership capacity. Preferable 7+ years in production support for an enterprise-level platform with high-availability requirements along with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, and recoverability.
- Programming/Scripting experience with any major programming language.
- Working knowledge DevOps responsibilities: infrastructure-as-software tools (Terraform experience is a strong plus) along with CI/CD implementation best practices
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy, high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Willing to learn new skills and implement new technologies.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and the able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly-collaborate team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the technology and business organizations.