Director of Information Technology
Posted on Jun 21, 2022 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Director of IT has leadership responsibility inclusive of strategy, architecture, technology selection, vendor relationships and service delivery across procurement, installation, configuration, operations, maintenance and support. Within the scope of this role are ERP, other business software solutions, network, telephony, Client Server, cloud, database and cybersecurity disciplines. Within this capacity, the Director will build, deliver, and leverage operational excellence and cost efficiency as sources of earned credibility with key Executive and Functional stakeholders in the business. The Director will recruit, develop, lead and retain an expert IT staff as well as engage service providers to ensure reliability and long-term continuity of operations. This role will drive ongoing continuous improvement in the applications delivery cost structure.
- Strategy & Governance: Leads the development of IT Technology & Operations strategy to enable Company objectives including scalability for growth. Establishes a process to guide capital investments and ensure successful implementations.
- Partnership & Transparency: Designs organization, staffing, and requisite skills for the IT team and drives the priority to establish strong business partnerships across the organization at all levels. Establishes communications style and processes to create transparency regarding IT performance, implementation performance and investment opportunities.
- Reliable Operations: Establishes roles, processes, and management oversight to ensure effective, secure and reliable services delivery with a focus on continuous improvement and cost optimization.
- Project Execution and Delivery: Establishes roles, processes, and management oversight to ensure effective and timely execution of investments and successful attainment of intended benefits.
- Management, Technical & Security Controls: Leads the development of effective controls and implements management review processes to ensure compliance in cost, project, operations and security.
- Service Delivery: Leads the design, build, delivery, and continuous improvement of customer-facing infrastructure services delivery and support.
- Cybersecurity: Leads the design, build, delivery, and continuous improvement of cybersecurity capabilities and programs including, but not limited to, multi-factor authentication, phishing prevention and training, network security, Incident Response and Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery.
- Technology Leadership: Leads the development of infrastructure architectures, selection of service delivery partners, and build-out of new systems. Leads integration and interface development for highly scalable and cost-efficient operations.
- Financial Management: Responsible for the design and operationalization of financial plans for both yearly operations and multi-year investments.
- People Management: Drives personal and organizational focus on attracting, retaining, coaching and mentoring IT talent to achieve operational excellence in IT. Fosters an open and collaborative IT culture within IT and across business partnerships.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Track record of increasing responsibilities and documented results involving infrastructure deployment and support for business growth, systems availability and performance, cost productivity and security threat mitigation.
- Proven technical leadership experience of a broad array of infrastructure technologies and platforms inclusive of ERP solution implementations and effective use, best-of-breed business applications, network operations, deployment and administration of both on-premise and cloud-hosted infrastructure.
- Successful organizational development experience building and developing an IT team.
- Deep knowledge of IT Infrastructure technologies and platforms, architecture and life cycle management practices.
- Background in estimating/designing/developing IT Infrastructure solutions and operations.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Dynamics 365/Business Central ERP
- Development and management of IT vendor relationships.
- Proven budgeting and financial management expertise at a departmental level.
- Strong strategic and business mindset and the ability to convert technical capabilities into business enablers.
- Strong knowledge of information security vulnerabilities, disaster-recovery and risk management.
- Excellent communications skills in a variety of business settings - in both business and technology-centric situations.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, management information systems or related field with additional technical training or certifications in various infrastructure and cybersecurity technologies and platforms.
- MBA, MIS or other advanced degree in IT-related disciplines is a strong plus