Digital Business Analyst (100% remote)
Posted on Jun 20, 2022 by CobbleWeb
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst who will help us identify, clarify and prioritise the needs of software development projects (online marketplaces) in line with user expectations and business goals. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of determining how to best translate a client's vision into an executable plan that can be implemented by developers.
As a critical lynchpin between clients, project owners and software development teams, you possess the required business and technical insights to analyse business plans, project road maps and data (e.g. user behaviour) in order to design optimal solutions to business challenges and identify opportunities for further success.
Areas of responsibility
Our Business Analyst will be involved in all phases of each project:
- Discovery phase
Business and user-centric. You should understand how each challenge, and the features that solve it, fits into the bigger picture. Which user pain points do features solve and how do they support stated business goals?
Advocate a lean approach. You understand which features are necessary within the scope and goals of each project. Your project experience includes driving lean principles like formulating and testing assumptions, shipping often and utilising user feedback at all stages of the development process.
Client buy-in & requirements sign-off. You have the ability to use tools like written documents, user flow diagrams, wireframes and design mockups to help clients visualise and establish confidence in proposed solutions.
Best-in-class solutions. As custom marketplace developers we don't do cookie-cutter solutions. You should understand the pros and cons of different solutions, how they fit in with the larger project ecosystem, and contribute to product-market fit and/or business growth.
Functional specifications. Can you document functional specifications that are consistent, accurate, user friendly and effectively serve specific users and purposes? Functional specifications should also be constantly updated based on feedback and contributions from other team members.
- Development phase
Product backlog. You should have the proven ability to maintain a healthy backlog of tasks (epics) for the development team. Prioritisation of tasks should always take into account aspects like quality of work, budget, return on investment, and contribution to product-market fit.
Budget tracking. You will be expected to investigate potential overspending and make recommendations to either extend the project scope or simplify/remove specifications in order to remain within the client's budget.
Quality assurance. While the Requirements Analyst is not responsible for quality assurance per se, they need to make sure that development is in line with the documented specifications. They will also assist the testing team with test case preparation.
Process management. You will have ownership of the software development life cycle, making sure it supports the overall business goals of each project at all times. This means making sure that sprints are well-planned and executed to quality and timeframe expectations.
- Experience in a Business Analysis and Project Requirements role (5+ years)
- Business, Software Development or Technology background
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. computer science, information technology or business degree)
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience in using prototyping tools, diagramming tools, and project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience of working in accordance with Agile principles and processes
- Solid understanding of Lean startup methodology
- Business goal focused
- Detail oriented
- Big picture thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (with special reference to reports, specifications, guidelines, storyboards and presentations)
- Highly organised and thorough
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Ultra-disciplined about deadlines and timelines
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Recommended: An understanding of the platform economy, especially online marketplaces
- Fully remote job (no need to relocate to the UK)
- Up to £1,000 offered to create your best home office environment
- 26 paid holidays per year
- Up to 5 days' paid volunteering leave
- Sick pay package
- Fixed hours to allow team collaboration synchronously
THIS JOB IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR AGENCIES.