Posted on Jun 19, 2022 by Incomes Data Research
Incomes Data Research (IDR) is an independent research organisation providing information and analysis on pay, employment conditions and wider employment topics for HR professionals, trade unions and government bodies. This includes information on annual pay rises, salary levels and employee benefits packages.
Seven years ago we identified a gap in the market for independent research on pay and reward and IDR is committed to filling that gap. Since then we have delivered work for a wide range of clients and have a steadily growing subscriber base.
About the role
IDR is currently looking to recruit a Researcher to support our research programme by assisting in the collection and analysis of data and writing about pay and reward trends.
Initially writing will be mainly be limited to emails and survey communications and learning how to produce/write standard copy our publications and website under guidance,
This role will also involve supporting our internal and external research programme and will provide the successful applicant the opportunity to be involved in the full lifecycle of IDR research, from survey creation, data collection, data analysis and preparation of outputs.
We collect this salary data directly from employers through electronic surveys and data submissions, as well as phone research and semi-structured interviews.
The specific tasks involve:
- Researching and writing about pay and reward
- Undertaking data analysis, involving identifying trends and patterns
- Preparing and sending survey invitations using mail merge, email and online survey tools (eg Smart Survey)
- Contacting organisations by phone and email to chase survey responses and data submissions, showing persistence where necessary
- Checking and verifying data, identifying anomalies and contacting organisations to clarify responses where necessary
- Using Excel to prepare and analyse survey data, involving reorganising and transforming data, using Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, and calculating medians, averages and quartiles
- Producing written copy summarising key results
- Preparing and sending data summaries to participants, involving the preparation of tables and charts in Word, Excel and/or Infogram
- Updating contact details in the CRM system
- Monitoring and reporting progress at the weekly team meeting
The right candidate
The role entails a variety of tasks and provides opportunities to learn and develop new skills, as well as providing an introduction to the pay and reward field. The role may suit an undergraduate student or new graduate in either HR or business, or candidate with relevant work experience.
The right candidate needs to be confident with both telephone communication and working with numbers, have a keen eye for detail and be someone who will make every effort to overcome obstacles in this area. You will be expected to work independently and should be capable of using initiative where required. You would have freedom to organise your own workload under general guidance.
Our customers and research participants include some of the largest and most well-known names in their respective sectors, since these firms have large HR departments that employ pay and reward specialists. The right candidate will have B2B experience and be confident speaking to professional and senior-level contacts, such as HR Business Partners, Pay and Reward Analysts and HR Directors.
We pride ourselves on being committed to offering equal opportunities to all potential employees and operate a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination. We welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability and other factors that have no bearing on an individual's ability to perform their job.