System Engineer/Scientist for Liquid Handling System
Posted on Jun 19, 2022 by ITech Consult
System Engineer/Scientist for Liquid Handling System Development - Lab automation/Technical/English
For our Client Roche Diagostics in Rotkreuz we are looking for a System Engineer/Scientist for Liquid Handling System Development (m/w/d).
Blood gas & electrolyte (BGE) analysis is used in critical point-of-care settings where time and quality matter. CPS R&D BGE is responsible for development of new and improved BGE analysis systems and life cycle maintenance of existing BGE products. Within BGE R&D, System Integration is where everything comes together: a team of dedicated scientists, engineers and lab technicians ensure that hardware and software fit together with sensor and reagent technologies to form a robust and reliable BGE analysis system.
The System Development and Integration BGE Department is looking for a new team member to work in our cross-functional product care team, which ensures the market success of our complex diagnostics systems, consisting of fluidics, software, instrument, sensors and reagents.
The Department is looking for an experienced technical expert (engineer or scientist, m/f/d) in eg biomedical/system engineering, physics, biotechnology or related fields who works in a structured manner and who is familiar with technical aspects of analytical systems. The candidate should have previous experience with IVD. A successful candidate can operate and contribute to defined regulatory processes. With a systems thinking mindset, the complexity and scope of the overall product can be understood, but the person possesses the capability and interest to understand and discuss the technical details.
Areas of responsibility:
- Development of liquid/fluid management systems and liquid/fluid transport workflows (hardware and software) for our blood gas analysis systems
- Hands-on integration and debug of complex electro-mechanical and fluidic systems
- Debugging and hands-on troubleshooting of test setups and prototypes
- Definition and testing of requirements and specifications based on the V-model
- Contribution to definition of test procedures and characterization of fluidic transport workflows
- Support of system reliability and system availability testing
- Contribution and writing of development documents
- Close collaboration with hardware and software development
- University degree or comparable engineering or life science education
- At least 5 years of experience in development of complex systems comprising requirements, verification, and on-market support
- Experience in development of liquid handling systems eg lab analyzers, lab automation
- Fundamental knowledge of relevant methodologies, technologies, languages, standards and processes used in electro-mechanical fluidic system development
- Experience with and understanding of other technology domains, methods, etc. outside of own area of expertise
- Hands-on experience in applying technical (engineering) skills
- Fluent in English necessary, German is a plus
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with C#, C or python
- Experience working in highly regulated environments, ideally in the field of medical diagnostics
- Knowledge of analytic models and statistical testing, including Design-of-Experiments
- Clear and structured working style with good communication skills
- Can work proactive and independently, and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams
- Systems thinker, able to understand the "big-picture" as well as the details (i.a. separation of requirements, break down structures)
- Team player
Reference no: 921617SKN
Role: System Engineer/Scientist for Liquid Handling System Development
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Start date: 01.07.2022
Duration: 12 months contract, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.