Posted on Jun 19, 2022 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Network Engineer - Dublin 1
6 Month initial contract, scope to extend
Location: Onsite or offer hybrid 50/50 working remote/onsite
Day Rate - Competitive market rates Offered
Client Sector: Financial Services
Successful candidate will work as part of the European Network Infrastructure team on Network/Firewall/F5 Production Support infrastructure incidents, problems and projects of diverse scope.
You will be recommending solutions based on the analysis and interpretation of Network/Firewall equipment, tools & diagnostics.
You will also be involved in the implementation of new technologies into the production environment.
As part of this team, you will be providing second- and third-line technical support to staff in Ireland, UK and Germany.
- A third level qualification and/or certification in a technical area.
- 5 years' experience in a senior technical role in a multi-national company.
- Cisco ISE & wifi deployments, with exposure to NAC,
- Strong Content switching/F5 Load Balancing experience would be of benefit - In particular exposure to WAF.
- Excellent working knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls (VSX & remote VPN) would be of benefit.
- Excellent working knowledge of Cisco WAN equipment.
- Strong routing skills (OSPF & BGP)
- Good knowledge of Cisco LAN equipment (Stack wise, 3750 & Nexus)
- Content switching/F5 experience is preferred.
- Certification such as Cisco CCNP/CCIE or Checkpoint CCSE.
- Exposure to Checkpoint/NSX-T/F5 Load Balancing and WAF is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, to deadlines and on own initiative
- The ability to logically troubleshoot problems to a satisfactory resolution
- Working knowledge of ITIL