Infrastructure Engineer - Barcelona, Spain (or Remote EUROPE ONLY)
Posted on Jun 18, 2022 by PSD Technology Contracts Ltd.
About the Client: My client is a Global organisation, providing technology and telecommunications solutions to the air transport sector.
About the Role:
They are looking to hire an Infrastructure Engineer on a contract/freelance basis for an initial 12 months with a view to extend.
The expectation to the employee is to manage the VHF/VDL Infrastructure deployment and life cycle in Europe by engaging with various stakeholders in the different countries of his/her responsibility.
He/she should lead the full life cycle of multiple projects ensuring the solution implemented fulfil the desired functional and business requirements and according to agreed scope, budget and timeline.
- Lead small to mid-size VHF/VDL projects delivery from engagement till completion. This could cover activities such as (but not limited too) site identification (incl. survey and lease agreement), operating license authorization, equipment ordering, installation and cutover.
- Coordinates with various entities and 3rd party suppliers during all project phases.
- Take and maintain the ownership of the supplier's process regarding quotation and purchase request management.
- Organise all relevant permits and contracts with local landlord/authorities.
- Ensure all procedures for deployment and maintenance are updated and relevant.
- Support Engineering and Service Operations for technical and administrative issues in the region.
- Participate to engineering analysis of existing VHF Ground Stations to identify significant problems or trends, prepare technical reports of nature and scope of these performances, the anticipated impacts, and provide engineering analysis and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Monitor and control the schedule of the requirements for acquisition, construction, and dismantling or relocation of equipment and related structure in accordance with validated requirements and manage the in-transit material for construction and installation.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience in project delivery in RF/Telecommunications systems/network installation & support domain (preferably in VHF Telecommunication field).
- Preferably with knowledge and experience in VHF communications.
- Experience in site planning and configuration of VHF Ground Station facilities and equipment.
- Experience in quality control/compliance of corporate standard of VHF Ground Station installation, test & commission.
- Experience in coordinating VHF hardware/network refresh program is desirable.
- Availability to travel.
- Teamwork and well-developed interpersonal skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates a developing level of knowledge and understanding in:
- RF/VHF Technology
- IP based telecommunication network
- Technical project management
- Basic knowledge of CISCO Routers, Switches
- Good knowledge of MS Office and other applications
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Spanish. Other languages are a plus
- Good communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with remote management
- Planning & Organizing
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Technical Communication
- Telecommunications Network
- Quality Assurance & Integration
Candidates must be Spanish Speaking.