Full Stack Software Engineer
Posted on Jun 18, 2022 by LTS Resourcing
Our client is a rapidly expanding Tech company pushing innovative boundaries, seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer (TypeScript) to join their team on a permanent basis working fully remote.
As the Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be an optimistic and resilient TypeScript engineer playing a key part of the engineering team, evolving the client's platform through a lot of collaboration and experimentation. Using a process of prototyping before carrying out any significant development work - discussing closely with the Lead Engineer to design a solution towards a feature. You will subsequently develop a prototype (or a few), implement it and take it into production.
Post release, you'll own that service and ensure that it evolves with the platform accordingly.
Software Engineer (TypeScript) duties to include but not limited to:
- Drafting and developing prototypes
- Getting features production ready
- Rub virtual shoulders with Product
- Leveraging and evolving the standards
- Avoiding pitfalls and learning from failures
- Communicating your needs clearly and responsibly
- Owning Service Lifecycle
- Backend: Node.js-based microservices written in TypeScript.
- Own framework which is a set of commonly used components and conventions - prefer keeping them up-to-date, refactored and documented.
- Storage: MongoDB, Redis, SQL
- Messaging: Redis, WebSockets
- Platform: Kubernetes, Docker, CI on GitHub Workflows, with Tooling written in Go
Full Stack Software Engineer experience to hold:
- Object-oriented programming; hands-on experience with one or more OO-heavy language (PHP, Java, Ruby, etc) is preferred
- TypeScript development in strict mode with Node.js
- Storage: Redis, SQL, MongoDB
Full Stack Software Engineer advantageous experience to hold:
- Exposure to Front End development using one of the mainstream frameworks (Vue, Angular, React, etc)
- Exposure to Dependency Injection
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with cloud services and providers (Google Cloud and AWS in our case)
- Interest in Event Driven and asynchronous communication patterns