VP - Security Business Partner Lead EMEA
Posted on Jun 18, 2022 by Source Technology
VP - Security Business Partner EMEA
As the Security Business Partner Lead for EMEA, you will report directly to the Chief Security Officer. The successful candidate will work independently as an operational leader to deliver senior-level security, risk, and privacy management to identify risks within the area of responsibility and implement processes to reduce/eliminate those risks. The Security Business Partner is accountable for ensuring the delivery of security services, providing dedicated security functions according to the business needs, risk level, and plans associated with the assigned business units and products they are responsible for.
As the Security Business Partner Lead, you will serve as a liaison between the business & Global Security to ensure that Business Units (BU's) receive the security services required, Global Security gets clear & direct input into BU's, and BU's understand, manage, and reduce risk with the support of Security Business Partners. In this role, you will be expected to make decisions about the interpretation of the Security Program and how best to apply it to the respective business unit situation to ensure the organization is not taking on unacceptable risk or weakening the company's security posture. To succeed, the Head of Security, Business Partner will need to maintain a strong working relationship with other GSO groups to partner in the implementation of technical programs to deliver best in class security. The candidate will develop, select, and motivate highly effective employees to execute the organizations business model.
- Manage a comprehensive business-unit level security plan in accordance with the corporate security strategy, including the delivery of centralized security, risk services, and key regulatory compliance services per the needs of the business unit
- Produce necessary metrics to demonstrate the overall security of the business unit in conjunction with Chief Security Officer and Privacy Operations (CSPO) leadership
- Partner with technical and business leads within the Business Units to assess cybersecurity risk on an annual basis and prioritize remediation.
- Define and maintain an annual cybersecurity roadmap
- Actively participate in the information security incident response process and help shape remediation plans
- Work with cross-organizational stakeholders to determine the understandably and relevance of published security, risk, and privacy policies and their impact on the business. Provide supporting guidelines and tools to enable a culture of security
- Collaborate with lines of business to integrate security perspectives into processes and promote security awareness and training across the enterprise and support the businesses based on the security and operational risks identified
- Escalate and document business initiatives with security implications, and/or specific security challenges
- Bachelors' Degree or industry equivalent work experience in international security architecture and engineering in a converged security program
- 7+years applicable experience
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a large, complex business
- Analytical aptitude, critical thinking, and data-driven decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with leaders at multiple levels and facilitate team interactions.
- Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams
- Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
- Expert level understanding of data security tools, processes, and procedures
- Competent in the interpretation of numeric data and understanding of statistical principles
- Demonstrates excellent organizational direction, time management, problem-solving, prioritization, goal setting, leadership, motivation, negotiation, and interpersonal relations
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and cross-functional expertise across multiple IT operational and security disciplines
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to lead and inspire change
- Experience building and growing a team to meet strategic and tactical objectives; mentoring and coaching staff