Linux Engineer - Dublin
Posted on Jun 18, 2022 by E-Frontiers
Linux Systems Engineer
Our Infrastructure organization is responsible for architecting, engineering, supporting and managing the firm's estate of Servers, enterprise storage, systems virtualization and core enterprise services. The Linux Systems Engineer is part of the Infrastructure Operations Unix team and primarily responsible for the administration and health of the Linux estate. Duties include troubleshooting and repairing Linux Servers, user and access management, and OS/Hardware upgrades. The successful candidate will be able to perform Linux system administration including networking, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, firmware/package installs, patching, storage, and upgrades. The candidate will be required to work on the weekend and some evenings.
- Coordinate with users, datacenter teams, and our enterprise command center to perform hardware break-fixes
- Perform firmware upgrades on DELL and HPE Servers
- Perform Linux server administration including setting up network interfaces, disk volumes, and packages
- Manage Linux users, groups, and netgroups
- Configuration management
- Diagnose and fix Linux server hardware and OS issues
- Join the on-call rotation and support the company's Linux service 7x24x365. Some late night and weekend work will be required.
Substantial system administrator experience in the Linux space, especially RHEL/CentOS
Strong Scripting skills in bash and/or python
Experience with Config Management such as Chef and Ansible
Experience with HP and DELL Enterprise Servers
Strong understanding of IT infrastructure such as Networking, DNS, NTP/PTP, NIS, etc.
Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others
Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; high sense of urgency
RHCSA/RHCE or equivalent