Security Operations Support Engineer
Posted on Jun 17, 2022 by Clint Server
Security Operations Support Engineer London / WfH to £600 p/day
Security Operations Support Engineer (SOC Incident Response) *6 month contract*. Global FinTech is seeking a Security Operations Support Engineer to join a global team responsible for identifying and addressing the latest in cyber security threats facing the company.
As a Security Operations Support Engineer you will act as the initial responder to cyber security threats, working through tickets to assess vulnerability and bring cases to a close, escalating threats where appropriate to relevant teams. You'll monitor for events that match pre-defined criteria and respond accordingly to standard operating procedures as well as use good judgement for matters where a procedure doesn't exist.
There's currently a remote interview and onboarding process and the ability to work from home; in time you'll be expected to join the team for part of the week in amazing City offices with open plan desk space, breakout areas, quiet spaces and a range of onsite facilities such as a free fully stocked food hall area.
- You have experience of working with a Security Event and Incident Management platform (Splunk preferred); good understanding of working with logs and log events
- You have a good knowledge of enterprise network and host security controls, TCP/IP stack
- You have a good understanding of major operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
- You have a deep understanding of cyber security trends and potential threats
- You're collaborative with excellent communication skills
Apply now to find out more about this Security Operations Support Engineer contract opportunity.
Job Role: Security Operations Support Engineer; Location: London / WfH; Term: 12 months; Rate: £550 to £600 p/day (inside IR35); Start: Immediate / ASAP