Business Analyst (Data)
Posted on Jun 17, 2022 by Third Bridge
Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights - we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
Technology & Product Function Overview
The Technology & Product function is led by our Chief Information Officer. We are investing heavily in product, data and technology capabilities, enabling us to deliver innovative products and solutions, and deep insight market intelligence to our clients.
Through the implementation of new technology products, we allow the business to work faster, more intelligently and we are uncovering more and more business opportunities as a result. The function is in a transitional and transformational phase and we are looking to build out the team with people who are able to help guide and shape what the future looks like. This is a great opportunity to become a key member of the Product Data team and help shape and develop the Product Data strategy and key initiatives across Third Bridge.
The successful candidate will:
- Become an expert in the business processes employed both at Third Bridge, and comparable businesses, and the business challenges faced by Third Bridge and across the industry
- Command respect across Third Bridge, our suppliers and other partners, and be seen as a recognised subject matter expert, and someone who delivers consistently and reliably
- Through requirements elicitation capture and document desired business outcomes, current and to-be processes; issues and challenges, system usage and organisation change requirements
- Naturally inquisitive in the operating data model and have supported teams solutioning the data architecture and applications to support the business operation
- Comfortable in acquiring information to help develop new data processes and workflows drawing on best practices
- Good knowledge and experience on data compliance, data controls and processes
- Based on the gathered information, work collaboratively within teams to support the design processes and technology solutions capable of delivering required business outcomes
- Ensure that proposed solutions are complete, consistent and deliverable
- By example, help to foster a collaborative and supportive environment, working with multi-disciplinary teams in an efficient manner, and share lessons learnt - be an advocate for necessary change and the work of the Platforms team across the organisation
- Work calmly under pressure
- Question complexity and ensure that simple and pragmatic options are chosen over and above "clever" or "science project" solutions
- Experience across a variety of business areas within the same or comparable industries to Third Bridge - familiarity with industry workflows, challenges and issues
- Strong relationship management and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across a number of departments and services
- Experience with process mapping, developing user stories and other business analysis techniques
- Experience in collating and analysing multiple data sets across various UI's in a global company and working with content metadata
- Proven experience in solution capture and design - process, system change and organisation change
- Ability to establish and nurture cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts, of varying seniority
- Ability to manage a variety of work simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Previous experience supporting and working within the structured processes, supporting tools and operating culture required for a world-class business analysis team
- Experience of RIXML, Open Metadata standards (e.g. Netflix) or XML data models etc would ideal but not essential
- Experience of enhancing product search & content discovery optimising use of existing data and enhancing metadata application would be ideal but not essential
We truly care about our people so in return for your work, you'll get:
- Flexible working - We want to encourage office attendance for the purpose of collaborating in person with your colleagues, on an as-needed basis. This in turn gives you the flexibility to decide when you come to the office based on your team's interactions.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 28 days after 2 years of service
- Summer Fridays - finish early during the summer months to make the most of the weather
- Mental and Professional Wellness:
- Modern Health - 6 counselling and 6 coaching sessions per year
- Talk Therapy sessions
- EAP sessions
- 2 paid charity days each year
- 2 personal days per year to use for events such as moving house, your birthday or life admin
- Free breakfast and snacks in the office
- Free yoga - twice weekly
- Private Medical Insurance - up to family cover
- Pension contributions increasing with tenure
- Personal annual learning and development budget
- Female mentorship program
- Employee affinity groups including ESG, Environment, Mental Health, Diversity & Inclusion and Women at Third Bridge
- Life insurance - x4 base salary
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.