Posted on Jun 17, 2022 by Third Bridge
Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions. To make well-informed investment decisions, TB clients require access to the most relevant experts, their knowledge and their expertise. Third Bridge enables this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from interviews with industry specialists.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market growing double digits. Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 1200 employees located across 7 global offices.
You will be part of a newly established, growing team of UX Researchers at Third Bridge. Therefore you will have a large stake in defining best practices and working closely to exercise them.
The UX Researcher is a pivotal role for deciphering our core user needs and informing strategy for upcoming Forum and Connections products. Your findings will provide greater clarity to product stakeholders, and create alignment across teams for shared understanding. The UX Researcher will work closely in subdomains, and report their research findings to domain stakeholders and the UX Research Team. In addition to your responsibilities as a UX Researcher, you will also be contributing to the growth of the UX Research team.
- Take ownership for discovery, exploration and validation research in product teams
- Be able to challenge assumptions and product direction whilst being able to work within constraints
- Identify opportunity areas for Third Bridge and our multiple client groups, and be able to leverage concurrent research and existing research to justify
- Provide a regular cadence of research findings in your product area to your product stakeholders and, at times, the wider company
- Report findings in an accessible and compelling manner
Third Bridge thrives on being human-centred. We're not looking for a 'genius', but we'd love someone that just loves to do User Research- and speak about it too. We're in the process of productising many of our services, so you'll need to be comfortable exercising your findings to stakeholders to products that are being rapidly designed or iterated upon.
- You are always user-centred first and foremost, and form opinions based on your understanding of our users
- You have the ability to navigate in ambiguity and make sense of incomplete or partial data
- You are a great communicator and you enjoy speaking about the research you're doing with passion and veracity
- You are able to lead and facilitate workshops for undiscovered or new product areas
- You work in a collaborative manner, invite many participants to take part in your research planning and executing process, and keeping all stakeholders feeling sufficiently informed
- You are proactive in scoping out improvements to our existing processes and not afraid to take initiative
- You are open to taking on and actioning feedback from many angles
- You are comfortable to expanding your research repertoire and upskilling into more responsibility
- You have an interest in learning (or know) about new methodologies and how they could be exercised at Third Bridge (JTBD, Agile, Lean Six Sigma)
- You have some experience working with B2B and B2C users, and you know how to tailor your approach to work with the respective users
- Of graduate calibre in an Interaction Design or related field (Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Service Design, Psychology, Anthropology, Behavioural Economics, Cognitive Science)
- Experience working in a cross-functional (XFN) or Agile team (including Designers, Product Managers, Engineering)
We truly care about our people so in return for your work, you'll get
Flexible working - Do you work best in the office or from home? We want you to work where works for you so you have the flexibility to choose to come into the office up to four days a week (excluding Wednesdays) or to work from home anywhere in the UK and Northern Ireland. All we ask in return is that you attend the office for the purpose of collaboration on an as-needed basis, for most teams this is typically once or twice a month for activities like training, project kick-offs and team socials. Your Head of Department will give you plenty of notice to allow you to book travel or make arrangements for pets, children, partners or yourself!
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 28 days after 2 years of service
- 2 paid charity days each year
- 2 personal days per year to use for events such as moving house, your birthday or life admin
- Personal annual learning and development budget
- Summer Fridays - finish early during the summer months to make the most of the weather
- Mental and Professional Wellness:
- Modern Health - 6 counselling and 6 coaching sessions per year
- Talk Therapy sessions
- EAP sessions
- Free breakfast and snacks in the office
- Free yoga - twice weekly
- Private Medical Insurance - up to family cover
- Pension contributions increasing with tenure
- Female mentorship program
- Employee affinity groups including ESG, Environment, Mental Health, Diversity & Inclusion and Women at Third Bridge
- Life insurance - x4 base salary
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.