Posted on Jun 17, 2022 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is currently looking for a Consulting Engineer for a long-term opportunity with one of our clients in the UK.
Drives technology design, implementation, execution and/or optimization for customer projects/accounts.
Works with customers to plan, design, configure and/or diagnose products, services and solutions to accelerate customer outcomes
Assists customers with integration and implementation of tools, systems and service assurance
Supports presale activities and translate business requirements into solution design
Builds customer simulations in test labs to resolve/validate complex problems and compatibility issues
Creates and delivers customer collateral, portals, documentation and knowledge transfer
Aligns technical deliverables to customer business outcomes
Drives customer technology transitions, influencing solution architectures and services
Complies with and supports company policies and processes and utilizes relevant tools to effectively execute the role and support Professional Services' strategies and goals
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Takes leadership role in execution of delivery projects
- Improves solutions and methods developed in the field for use to the wider practice (knowledge sharing)
- Creates, reviews and approves project deliverables eg Design recommendations, High Level Design, Low Level Design, Implementation/Change Management Plans
- Builds and/or leverage test environments as required to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues
- Leverages software skills and tools to configure, deploy and/or troubleshoot products and solutions. Contributes in the development of digital intellectual capital (eg scripts, digital signatures).
- Acts as a focal point for problem resolution for assigned customer engagements. Assures proper and quick resolution of complex customer problems across an appropriate range of technologies.
- Collaborates with other Consulting Engineers in appropriate technology domains to ensure optimal use of resources to meet customer needs
- Typically interacts with individual contributors, managers, and customers regularly
- Provides input to Sales team in creating and demonstrating technology solutions to customers
- Engages with sales teams on pre-sales activities
- Solves highly complex problems and is able to identify viable and often innovative options, and uses analytical skills and judgement to recommend an appropriate solution
- Typically requires BSc Computer Science or equivalent plus 5-8 years of relevant work experience. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
R&S (Spanning Tree, LACP, Port Security, Stacking, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, PBR, DMVPN, IPSEC, QOS, AAA, DHCP, DNS, Netflow, SNMP, IP SLA, NAT)
Role Business Critical Services Tech Lead
Lifecycle Management (HW/SW)
BCS delivery (MOP, Bug Scrub, PSIRT, etc) - we will train
BCS tools (Network Profile) - we will train
Capacity Analysis & Recommendations (Memory/CPU/WAN Interface Utilisation, Priority Queue Drops)
Leadership, Communication, Collaboration, Teamwork, analytical and problem-solving
- Language Requirements:
CCNA, CCNP Enterprise, Specialist Enterprise Core, Specialist Enterprise Advanced Infrastructure Implementation