Senior Middleware Engineer
Posted on Jun 17, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
SENIOR MIDDLEWARE ENGINEER
(ANSIBLE AUTOMATION) HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE
Apache WebLogic Server Oracle SOA OSD Tomcat Ansible Automation Automate Cloud Migration Unix Shell Scripting Python OpenSource Cloud Native
The Senior Middleware Engineer will be part of a team, working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You will be responsible for delivery and administration of Middleware infrastructure, product certifications, engineering reviews, project releases and automate administration tasks.
*This is a hybrid position requiring 2 days in the office and 3 days remote*
- Must have technical experience in design, develop, solve, and debug infrastructure software including Java, J2EE, JBoss EAP, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA, Oracle OSB, Apache, Tomcat
- New Product(s) and version evaluation of Opensource, Cloud native, Middleware products and provide certified baseline for Application environments.
- Resolve hardware compatibility in context of hardware selection.
- Support Environment Build and Delivery as per application requirements.
- Develop solutions that are innovative, thorough, and practical. Product Technical Support:
- Act as main interface between Operations, Infrastructure, Engineering and technical customers.
- Lead and assist team with Middleware upgrades and keep environments running with supported versions.
- Document and provide technical guidelines and standard methodologies to Operations, Integration and Development teams.
- Proficient in problem solving skills, troubleshooting, root cause analysis.
- Provide ongoing sophisticated, high-level enterprise technical support including Non-Business Hour support and On-Call support when expected Continuous Improvement Attitude.
- An eye for ways to automate and Experience with Automate Cloud Migration tasks using required automation tools -Unix Shell-Scripting, Python, Ansible etc.
- Flexibility to work during nonbusiness hours as needed
- Ability to support On Call rotation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Min 5 years' experience and profound knowledge with Middleware Technologies (Apache, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA, OSB,Tomcat)
- Experience with Messaging (JMS), and High-Availability technology - Real Time troubleshooting of Fail-Over and stand-by issues.
- Implementation experience of Security using SSL, Keystores, SHA2, LDAP etc. Experience with Web Servers and Application Servers.
- Good understanding of Databases - Oracle, Postgres,SQL, MS SQL Server, DB2
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure and Monitoring tools (Splunk, Nimsoft, Dynatrace, Elastic etc).
- Nice to have: 5-7 years of industry experience with DevOps, Cloud implementation products (Kubernetes, Process Automation Manager, Fuse, SpringBoot, Vertex, Node.js, iNginix, APigee) in Linux/Solaris/Windows platforms.
- End to End Understanding of system-level view of applications infrastructure components to help resolve issues in both Non-Prod and Production environments.
- Superb communication and written skills.