ProofPoint Cyber Security Engineer/REMOTE
Posted on Jun 17, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Remote role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a ProofPoint Cyber Security Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for the planning, deployment and operations of enterprise information security solutions (such as authentication and authorization, public key infrastructure, data loss prevention, network and endpoint security) to address the current and emerging security needs of the business.
This role requires in depth knowledge of infrastructure and cloud technologies. The person in this role will contribute to the development and execution of a cyber security operations framework to ensure control availability, capacity and performance while maintaining the optimal level of security.
- Design, build, administer and manage cyber security controls for the enterprise. (eg IDS/IPS, EDR, DLP, WAF, UBA)
- Act as the subject matter expert for one or more of the following areas - network security, endpoint security, database security, security testing and assurance, or communication security.
- Apply ITIL or other technology management practices to an enterprise cyber security platform.
- Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Serve as an expert in one or more areas of platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud, or mobile security best practices.
- Contribute to resource planning, engagement management, and service development/improvement initiatives for this area.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, internal and external customers and partners.
- Communicate cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Develop strong working relationships with and offer continuous assistance to others in the cybersecurity and information technology organizations.
- Educate, coach, and mentor all members of the team on technical, interpersonal, team dynamics, company policy & procedure, enterprise business model and other topics.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- 24*7 On call rotation and duties
- Other Duties as assigned
- Strong analytic skills in root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Strong system administration skills. (eg Windows, Linux)
- Strong network administration skills (eg Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including technical writing, documentation development, process mapping, and visualization).
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis (tools, methodologies, processes).
- Skill in system, network, and OS hardening techniques. (eg, remove unnecessary services, password policies, network segmentation, enable logging, least privilege, etc.).
- Knowledge of OSI model and network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Scripting, coding, and automation skills. (eg python, power Shell, bash Scripting)
- Knowledge of cloud architecture (eg containers, orchestration, service mesh)
- Knowledge of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle to lead multifunctional projects or initiatives.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Equivalent work experience, or Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of combined hands-on IT implementation work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Requires knowledge of security principles, issues, techniques and implications across major computer platforms